Travels through the Interior Parts of North America, in the Years 1766, 1767 and 1768
By Jonathan Carver
Table of Contents
- TRAVELS THROUGH THE INTERIOR PARTS OF NORTH AMERICA, IN THE Years 1766, 1767, and 1768.
- TO JOSEPH BANKS, Esq; PRESIDENT OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY.
- AN ADDRESS TO THE PUBLIC. THE SECOND EDITION.
- SOME ACCOUNT OF CAPTAIN J. CARVER.
- A JOURNAL OF THE TRAVELS, WITH A DESCRIPTION OF THE COUNTRY, LAKES, &c.
- OF THE ORIGIN, MANNERS, CUSTOMS, RELIGION, AND LANGUAGE OF THE INDIANS.
- CHAPTER I. Of their Origin.
- CHAPTER II. Of their PERSONS, DRESS, &c.
- CHAPTER III. Of their Manners, Qualifications, &c.
- CHAPTER IV. Their Method of reckoning Time, &c.
- CHAPTER V. Of their Government, &c.
- CHAPTER VI. Of their Feasts.
- CHAPTER VII. Of their Dances.
- CHAPTER VIII. Of their Hunting.
- CHAPTER IX. Of their Manner of making War, &c.
- CHAPTER X. Of their Manner of making Peace, &c.
- CHAPTER XI. Of their Games.
- CHAPTER XII. Of their Marriage Ceremonies, &c.
- CHAPTER XIII. Of their Religion.
- CHAPTER XIV. Of their Diseases, &c.
- CHAPTER XV. Of the Manner in which they treat their Dead.
- CHAPTER XVI. A concise Character of the Indians.
- CHAP. XVII. Of their Language, Hieroglyphicks, &c.
- A short Vocabulary of the Chipéway Language.
- A Short Vocabulary of the Naudowessie Language.
- CHAPTER XVIII. Of the Beasts, Birds, Fishes, Reptiles, and Insects, which are found in the interior Parts of North America.
- OF THE BEASTS.
- OF THE BIRDS.
- Of the FISHES which are found in the waters of the Mississippi.
- OF SERPENTS.
- LIZARDS, &c.
- CHAPTER XIX. Of the Trees, Shrubs, Roots, Herbs, Flowers &c.
- OF TREES.
- NUT TREES.
- FRUIT TREES.
- ROOTS and PLANTS.
- FARINACEOUS and LEGUMINOUS ROOTS, &c.
- DIRECTIONS for Placing the Maps and Plates.
You May Also Like
Also Available On
Arts & Photography486Biographies & Memoirs76Business & Money150Children's Books1527Christian Books & Bibles908Computers & Technology858Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home205Education & Teaching3780Engineering & Transportation1Health, Fitness & Dieting13History5793Humor & Entertainment162Law145Literature & Fiction19767Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense21Other3117Parenting & Relationships8Politics & Social Sciences1465Professional & Technical38Reference10Religion & Spirituality1676Romance239Science & Math1207Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors46Teen & Young Adult133Test Preparation163Travel113
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation