Christmas Evans The Preacher of Wild Wales: His country, his times, and his contemporaries
By Paxton Hood
Table of Contents
- CHRISTMAS EVANS: The Preacher of Wild Wales.
- p. iiiTO THE REV. JOHN DAVIES, OF BRIGHTON.
- p. vCONTENTS.
- p. 1CHAPTER I. SOME GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF WELSH PREACHING.
- p. 40CHAPTER II. EARLY LIFE UNTIL HIS ENTRANCE INTO THE MINISTRY.
- p. 63CHAPTER III. THE MINISTRY IN THE ISLAND OF ANGLESEA.
- Covenant with God.
- “The World as a Graveyard.”
- “The Hind of the Morning.
- p. 106CHAPTER IV. THE MINISTRY IN ANGLESEA (CONTINUED).
- The Demoniac of Gadara.
- “The Four Methods of Preaching.
- “Seeking the Young Child.”
- p. 137Satan Walking in Dry Places.
- “To Be Accursed From Christ.
- p. 166CHAPTER V. CONTEMPORARIES IN THE WELSH PULPIT—WILLIAMS OF WERN.
- p. 185CHAPTER VI. CONTEMPORARIES—JOHN ELIAS.
- p. 202CHAPTER VII. CONTEMPORARIES—DAVIES OF SWANSEA.
- p. 217CHAPTER VIII. THE PREACHERS OF WILD WALES.
- p. 261CHAPTER IX. CHRISTMAS EVANS CONTINUED—HIS MINISTRY AT CAERPHILLY.
- “The Trial of the Witnesses.
- “The Internal Evidences which prove the Gospel to be of God.
- “Their Works do Follow them.
- “Second Covenant with God.
- p. 287CHAPTER X. CAERNARVON AND LAST DAYS.
- “Letter to a Brother Minister on Church Discipline.
- p. 304CHAPTER XI. SUMMARY OF GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF CHRISTMAS EVANS, AS A MAN AND A PREACHER.
- “Value of Industry.
- p. 322CHAPTER XII. SUMMARY OF GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF CHRISTMAS EVANS AS A PREACHER.
- “The Gospel Mould.
- “Saul of Tarsus and His Seven Ships.
- “The Misplaced Bone.
- “The Man in the House of Steel.
- “The Parable of the Church as an Ark among the Bulrushes of the Nile.
- “The Handwriting.
- “Death as an Inoculator.
- “The Timepiece.
- “Parable of the Birds.
- “Parable of the Vine-tree, the Thorn, the Bramble, and the Cedar.
- “The Resurrection of our Lord.
- “‘They drank of that Rock which followed Them.’
- p. 358APPENDATORY. SELECTION OF ILLUSTRATIVE SERMONS.
- SERMON I. The Time of Reformation.
- SERMON II. The Purification of the Conscience.
- p. 378SERMON III. Finished Redemption.
- p. 386SERMON IV. The Father and Son Glorified.
- SERMON V. The Cedar of God.
- A Sermon on the Welsh Hills.
- p. 411INDEX.
Also Available On
Arts & Photography472Biographies & Memoirs70Business & Money64Children's Books862Christian Books & Bibles839Computers & Technology703Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3617Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5744Humor & Entertainment159Law142Literature & Fiction19577Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense17Other3103Parenting & Relationships2Politics & Social Sciences1369Professional & Technical11Reference7Religion & Spirituality1608Romance231Science & Math1097Science Fiction & Fantasy201Self-Help40Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult122Test Preparation31Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation