Collins Cambridge IGCSE™ ICT Student's
The Collins Cambridge IGCSE® ICT Student Book Second Edition provides in-depth coverage of the 0417 syllabus for first teaching from 2014 with an engaging approach that uses scenarios to build skills and link the theory to the practice of ICT, while showing students how to make progress, prepare for exams and achieve their targets.
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
First teaching: 2014 First exams: 2016
• Be ready to teach the new 2014 syllabus for first examination in 2016 with the second edition of this popular course book. Fully and comprehensively updated to match the specification and include the latest hardware and software information.
• Build skills with an engaging approach that uses scenarios to link the theory to the practice of ICT,
• Fully cover the Cambridge IGCSE® ICT syllabus. Each topic is broken down into manageable chunks to allow you to apply and consolidate your learning. New Unit 8 included on Security and Safety.
• Have confidence in the content and approach of the Student Book, which is written by highly experienced ICT teachers.
• Successfully prepare for exams with end of session review and revise sections and summary boxes; exam-style question and past paper questions, sample answers at different grades and comments on these answers.
• The accompanying CD-ROM includes source files to accompany practical tasks and answers to past paper questions in the Student Book, with comments on these answers.
This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
- Unit 1 Types and components of computer systems
- Unit 2 Input and output devices
- Unit 3 Storage devices and media
- Unit 4 Networks and the effects of using them
- Unit 5 The effects of using IT
- Unit 6 Data types and databases
- Unit 7 Systems analysis and design
- Unit 8 Safety and security
- Preparing for the Theory Examination
- Preparing for the Practical Examinations