The Salt Loses Her Savour
Deidre-Ann is an eleventh grade student who seems to have everything going for her. She is brilliant, attractive and involved in school life and extra-curricular activities, especially cheerleading.
The students consider her to be the ‘salt’ of the team. They applaud her expertise and crave her company but alas’, the salt of the earth loses her savour when her innocence and dignity are snatched from her on the night of the school barbecue. Her life spirals out of control as she becomes mentally ill and runs away from home.
Thanks to the resilience and vigilance of her Uncle Nathan, and with help from Slinky, Miss Nellie and her relatives, she seeks to regain her confidence and place in the world.
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Chapter One: The Salt
- Chapter Two: The Salt Is Violated
- Chapter Three: The Investigation
- Chapter Four: Deidre-Ann Wakes Up
- Chapter Five: Deidre-Ann Returns To Her Senses
- Chapter Six: Home And Then To School
- Chapter Seven: Deidre-Ann On The Street
- Chapter Eight: Night In The Park
- Chapter Nine: After Deidre-Ann Runs Away
- Chapter Ten: Deidre-Ann On The Road
- Chapter Eleven: Deidre-Ann’s Ordeal Continues
- Chapter Twelve: Clues Are Followed
- Chapter Thirteen: Mr. Lenworth Turns Up
- Chapter Fourteen: Showdown, The Demons Are Slayed
- Chapter Fifteen: The Salt Returns