Collins Cambridge IGCSE™ Literature in English Student’s
Help your students develop the skills and understanding to succeed in IGCSE® Literature in English. The Student Book provides an ideal companion to the Cambridge IGCSE® and IGCSE® (9–1) course for first examination in 2020, giving students the tools they need to tackle their own set texts in depth and tackle examinations with confidence.
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Level & Subject: IGCSE Literature in English (0475), IGCSE (9–1) Literature in English (0992)
First teaching: September 2018 First examination: June 2020
This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
• Build the fundamental skills and understanding: The first part of the book introduces the essential skills, concepts and terminology. The second part of the book shows students how to apply these skills to poetry, prose and drama.
• Help all students make good progress. Chapters move from teaching the underlying skills and concepts to asking students to apply them in passage-based, discursive and unseen tasks. Regular ‘Check your progress’ features help your classes to measure their progress, while annotated responses show them how to improve.
• Support all learners with clear differentiation. Introductory chapters build learners’ confidence, the main chapters offer greater depth, while extension lessons help all students reach their full potential.
• Practical for the classroom: the book is clearly organised into lessons and packed with activity. Each two- or four-page section in our Student Book is supported by a double-page lesson plan in the Teacher Guide.
• Engage students with rich, varied, text extracts from a variety of periods and cultures. Texts representing the different genres in the syllabus allow students to compare writers’ choices and their effects.
• Flexible for teachers: the clear book structure and lesson headings allow teachers to dip in to find lessons to build into their own schemes of work.
- Introduction: How to use this book
- Chapter 1 • Key concepts
- Chapter 2 • Key skills
- Chapter 3 • Studying prose
- Chapter 4 • Studying poetry
- Chapter 5 • Studying drama
- Chapter 6 • Preparing for coursework (optional in some Cambridge IGCSE courses)
- Glossary of key terms