The Practical Magician and Ventriloquist's Guide A practical manual of fireside magic and conjuring illusions, containing also complete instructions for acquiring and practising the art of ventriloquism.
Table of Contents
- THE Practical Magician AND VENTRILOQUIST’S GUIDE.
- CHAPTER I INTRODUCTORY.
- CHAPTER II. OF PALMISTRY AND PASSES.
- FIRST TRICK.—To command a dime to pass into the centre of a ball of Berlin wool, so that it will not be discovered till the ball is unwound to the very last of its threads.
- SECOND TRICK.—To change a bowl of ink into clear water, with gold fish in it.
- THIRD TRICK.—The Dancing Egg.
- FOURTH TRICK.—The Walking Cent.
- CHAPTER III. TRICKS WITH AND WITHOUT COLLUSION.
- TRICK 5.—To make a quarter and a penny change places, while held in the hands of two spectators.
- TRICK 6.—Another trick with the dime, handkerchief, and an orange or lemon.
- TRICK 7.—How to double your pocket money.
- TRICK 8.—The injured handkerchief restored.
- TRICK 9.—To make a large die pass through the crown of a hat without injuring it.
- TRICK 10.—To produce from a silk handkerchief bon-bons, candies, nuts, etc.
- CHAPTER IV. PRACTICE.
- TRICK 11.—A sudden and unexpected supply of feathers from under a silk handkerchief or cloth.
- TRICK 12.—Heads or Tails?
- TRICK 13.—To cook pancakes or a flat plum cake in a hat, over some candles.
- TRICK 14.—TO EAT A DISH OF PAPER SHAVINGS, AND DRAW THEM OUT OF YOUR MOUTH LIKE AN ATLANTIC CABLE.
- TRICK 15.—How to cut off a nose—of course without actual injury.
- CHAPTER V. TRICKS BY MAGNETISM, CHEMISTRY, GALVANISM, OR ELECTRICITY.
- TRICK 16.—The watch obedient to the word of command.
- TRICK 17.
- TRICK 18.—A chemical trick to follow one where a young friend has assisted.
- TRICK 19.—To draw three spools off two tapes without those spools having to come off the ends of the tapes, and while the four ends of the tapes are held by four persons.
- TRICK 20.—To restore a tape whole after it has been cut in the middle.
- CHAPTER VI. ON THE CONTINUITY OF TRICKS.
- TRICK 21.—The invisible hen: a very useful trick for supplying eggs for breakfast or dinner.
- A SERIES OF TRICKS, 22, 23, 24.—The chief agent being a plain gold ring.
- TRICK 22.
- TRICK 23.
- TRICK 24.
- CHAPTER VII. FRIENDLY SUGGESTIONS.
- TRICK 25.—The Conjuror’s “Bonus Genius,” or Familiar Messenger.
- TRICK 26.—The Shower of Money.
- TRICK 27.—To Furnish Ladies With a Magic Supply of Tea or Coffee, at their selection, From One and the Same Jug.
- TRICK 28.—A Pleasing Exhibition for both the Performer and the Audience to view when they feel a little Exhausted.
- TRICK 29.—To Furnish a Treat to the Gentlemen.
- VENTRILOQUISM MADE EASY.
- WHAT IS VENTRILOQUISM?
- VENTRILOQUISM AMONGST THE ANCIENTS.
- MODERN PROFESSORS OF THE ART.
- THE THEORY OF VENTRILOQUISM.
- THE MEANS BY WHICH IT IS EFFECTED.
- PRACTICAL ILLUSTRATIONS.
- POLYPHONIC IMITATIONS.
- A MOUNTAIN ECHO.
- POINTS TO BE REMEMBERED.
- CONCLUDING REMARKS.
- THE MAGIC WHISTLE.
- Transcriber's Notes
You May Also Like
The Kitchen Encyclopedia Twelfth Edition (Swift & Company)
The Life of the Venerable Mother Mary of the Incarnation
The World English Bible (WEB): 1 Chronicles
The Ancient Banner Or, Brief Sketches of Persons and Scenes in the Early History of Friends
The World English Bible (WEB): Joshua
The Miraculous Conception Or, The Divinity of Jesus Christ Considered as the Foundation of the Christian Religion
The Courtship, Marriage, and Pic-Nic Dinner of Cock Robin & Jenny Wren With the Death and Burial of Poor Cock Robin
Masters in Art, Part 79, Volume 7, July, 1906: Ingres A Series of Illustrated Monographs
Also Available On
Arts & Photography486Biographies & Memoirs78Business & Money158Children's Books1550Christian Books & Bibles930Computers & Technology862Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home205Education & Teaching3781Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting13History5796Humor & Entertainment162Law147Literature & Fiction19769Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense21Other3125Parenting & Relationships8Politics & Social Sciences1468Professional & Technical39Reference10Religion & Spirituality1692Romance240Science & Math1207Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help51Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult135Test Preparation162Travel113
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge