From Nation to Diaspora: Samuel Selvon, George Lamming and the Cultural Performance of Gender
The publisher has enabled DRM protection, which means that you need to use the BookFusion iOS, Android or Web app to read this eBook. This eBook cannot be used outside of the BookFusion platform.
Introduction: The Necessity of Gender
1. Representations of Gender in the Nationalist Period
Part 1. Manhood, Masquerade and Social Order
2. Representing Exile: The Flight from Gender in Selvon’s The Lonely Londoners, Moses Ascending and The Housing Lark
3. Going Home: Performing Masculinity in A Brighter Sun and Turn Again Tiger
Part 2. Resisting the Voyeuristic Gaze
4. The Construction of Genderas Anti-colonial Discourse: Lamming’s Of Age and Innocence and Season of Adventure
5. Theorizing the Feminine and the Body in Natives of My Person and The Emigrants
6. All This, the Diasporic and the Postmodern
The book hasn't received reviews yet.
Songs of Silence