Jamaican Gold: Jamaican Sprinters
The publisher has enabled DRM protection, which means that you need to use the BookFusion iOS, Android or Web app to read this eBook. This eBook cannot be used outside of the BookFusion platform.
Section 1. The Science of Jamaica’s Sprinting Ability
1. Why Jamaica Rules in Sprinting
2. Charting the Ancestry of Elite Jamaican and US Sprinters
3. Some Biomedical Mechanisms in Athletic Prowess
4. White Men Can’t Run: Where Is the Scientific Evidence?
5. Physical Therapy: Keeping Athletes on the Move
6. Jamaican Yams, Athletic Ability and Exploitability
Section 2. Brand Jamaica: The Lives of Some Sprinters
7. A Historic Picture . . . Tells a Fine Story
8. A Jamaican Pioneer: Cynthia Thompson’s Story
9. Usain Bolt: Phenomenal Track and Field Athlete
10. Melaine Walker: Olympic Games and World Championships Gold-Medal Hurdler
Section 3. The History of Jamaican Sprinting in Pictures
Section 4. The Cultural Norms That Make Jamaicans Unique
11. Run for Your Life
12. The Challenge of Teaching Physical Education in Jamaica
13. The Role of Boys’ and Girls’ Championships in Jamaica’s Track-and-Field Glory
Section 5. Protection Issues
14. Blood Doping in Sports and Detection Strategies
15. Elite Athletes: The Importance of Haematologic Passports
16. Intellectual Property and the Business of Sports
The book hasn't received reviews yet.