A Narrative of the Life of Mrs. Mary Jemison
By James E. (James Everett) Seaver
Table of Contents
- A NARRATIVE OF THE LIFE OF MRS. MARY JEMISON,
- Who was taken by the Indians, in the year 1755, when only about twelve years of age, and has continued to reside amongst them to the present time.
- TO WHICH IS ADDED,
- LIFE OF MARY JEMISON.
- CHAPTER I.
- CHAPTER II.
- CHAPTER III.
- CHAPTER IV.
- CHAPTER V.
- CHAPTER VI.
- CHAPTER VII.
- CHAPTER VIII.
- CHAPTER IX.
- CHAPTER X.
- CHAPTER XI.
- CHAPTER XII.
- CHAPTER XIII.
- CHAPTER XIV.
- CHAPTER XV.
- CHAPTER XVI.
- OF THEIR RELIGION—FEASTS—AND GREAT SACRIFICE.
- OF THEIR DANCES.
- OF THEIR GOVERNMENT.
- THE EXTENT AND NUMBER OF THE SIX NATIONS.
- OF THEIR COURTSHIPS, &c.
- OF FAMILY GOVERNMENT.
- OF THEIR FUNERALS.
- OF THEIR CREDULITY.
- OF THE MANNER OF FARMING, AS PRACTISED BY THE INDIAN WOMEN.
- OF THEIR METHOD OF COMPUTING TIME, AND KEEPING THEIR RECORDS.
- DESCRIPTION OF GENESEE RIVER AND ITS BANKS, FROM MOUNT MORRIS TO THE UPPER FALLS.
- HUNTING ANECDOTE.
You May Also Like
A Half Century of Conflict - Volume I France and England in North America
By Francis Parkman
Paris: With Pen and Pencil Its People and Literature, Its Life and Business
By D. W. (David W.) Bartlett
Junius Unmasked Or, Thomas Paine the author of the Letters of Junius and the Declaration of Independence
By Joel Moody
Mr. Punch's Golf Stories
Senatorial Character A Sermon in West Church, Boston, Sunday, 15th of March, After the Decease of Charles Sumner.
By C. A. (Cyrus Augustus) Bartol
At Ypres with Best-Dunkley
By Thomas Hope Floyd
The Haskalah Movement in Russia
By Jacob S. (Jacob Salmon) Raisin
Lincoln's Gettysburg Address Given November 19, 1863 on the battlefield near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
By Abraham Lincoln
The Path to Rome
By Hilaire Belloc
Also Available On
Arts & Photography491Biographies & Memoirs78Business & Money144Children's Books1580Christian Books & Bibles952Comics & Graphic Novels1Computers & Technology873Cookbooks, Food & Wine24Crafts, Hobbies & Home208Education & Teaching3843Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting16History5851Humor & Entertainment162Law153Literature & Fiction19809Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense21Other3123Parenting & Relationships11Politics & Social Sciences1472Professional & Technical26Reference10Religion & Spirituality1716Romance269Science & Math1220Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help41Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult138Test Preparation169Travel114
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge