Eclipse Phase Quick-Start Rules
A Playable Introduction to the Full Roleplaying Game
• Eclipse Phase uses a d100/percentile system. It’s fast, simple and streamlined so players can immerse themselves in the setting without being burdened by complex rules.
• Characters are skill-based, with no classes, but customizable templates provide recognizable roles ands ample builds for new players.
• A unique set of mesh rules enables all characters to take advantage of information resources and ubiquitous networking and sensor technology via mental implants.
• Join Firewall, a cross-faction conspiracy that seeks to save transhumanity—at any cost. Alternately, play a character with their own agenda.
• Switch your body at need, from genetically-modified transhumans to synthetic robotic shells, optimizing your form for specific missions.
• Back up your character’s mind and be restored from backup in case of death—a built-in system of “save points” and near-immortality.
• The setting is our solar system in the post-Singularity future. Challenge your players with deadly political intrigues on Venus & Mars, high-tech dungeon crawls aboard derelict space stations, mind-scarring encounters with alien enigmas, and dangerous exploration of worlds beyond our system via wormhole gates.
• Build stories with an eclectic assortment of intriguing factions, from techno-anarchists to ruthless hypercorps, soul-trading criminals to uplifted animals.
• Choose from a range of NPC antagonists, including rogue AIs and their mechanical servitors, vicious posthuman factions, alien merchants with an unknown agenda, and transhumans infected and transformed by the mysterious Exsurgent virus.
Softcover avilable at DriveThruRPG; many resources at EclipsePhase.com
- ENTER THE SINGULARITY
- ECLIPSE PHASE UNIVERSE
- ECLIPSE PHASE FACTIONS
- THE HYPERCORPS
- POLITICAL FACTIONS
- THE MESH
- ECLIPSE PHASE QUICK-START RULES
- THE ULTIMATE RULE
- WHAT’S A ROLEPLAYING GAME?
- QUICK-START RULES
- DEFINING YOUR CHARACTER
- MAKING TESTS
- TYPES OF TESTS
- NETWORK INTRUSION
- REPUTATION AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
- ACTION AND COMBAT
- COMBAT FACTORS AND COMPLICATIONS
- PHYSICAL HEALTH
- MENTAL HEALTH
- MISSION: MIND THE WMD
- SCENE 1: SWIMMING IN SCUM
- SCENE 2: DEALS GONE BAD
- SCENE 3: GET YOUR ASS TO MARS
- SCENE 4: RUMBLE IN THE RUINS
- WHAT IS TRANSHUMANISM?
- ECLIPSE PHASE TIMELINE
- SOCIO-POLITICAL ENTITIES
- CRIMINAL FACTIONS
- INFORMATION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
- EGO VS. MORPH
- A NOTE ON TERMINOLOGY AND GENDER
- AN EXSURGENT THREAT?
- WELCOME TO FIREWALL
- WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW
- GAME RULES SUMMARY
- ENHANCE YOURSELF
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation