A New Voyage to Carolina Containing the exact description and natural history of that country; together with the present state thereof; and a journal of a thousand miles, travel'd thro' several nations of Indians; giving a particular account of their customs, manners, etc.
John Lawson's amazingly detailed yet lively book is easily one of the most valuable of the early histories of the Carolinas, and it is certainly one of the best travel accounts of the early eighteenth-century colonies. An inclusive account of the manners and customs of the Indian tribes of that day, it is also a minute report of the soil, climate, trees, plants, animals, and fish in the Carolinas.Lawson's observation is keen and thorough; his style direct and vivid. He misses nothing and recounts all -- from the storms at sea to his impressions of New York in 1700, the trip down the coast to.
- A NEW VOYAGE TO CAROLINA
- [British Surveyor-General of North Carolina. d. 1711.]
- A NEW VOYAGE to CAROLINA;
- Containing the Exact Description and Natural History of that COUNTRY:
- JOHN LAWSON.
- A JOURNAL OF A THOUSAND MILES TRAVEL AMONG THE INDIANS, FROM SOUTH TO NORTH CAROLINA.
- A DESCRIPTION OF NORTH-CAROLINA.
- OF THE INLETS AND HAVENS OF THIS COUNTRY.
- OF THE CORN OF CAROLINA.
- THE PRESENT STATE OF CAROLINA.
- THE NATURAL HISTORY OF CAROLINA.
- OF THE VEGETABLES OF CAROLINA.
- THE BEASTS OF CAROLINA ARE THE
- INSECTS OF CAROLINA.
- BIRDS OF CAROLINA.
- WATER FOWL ARE,
- THE FISH IN THE SALT, AND FRESH WATERS OF CAROLINA, ARE,
- FRESH-WATER FISH ARE,
- THE SHELL-FISH ARE,
- AN ACCOUNT OF THE INDIANS OF NORTH-CAROLINA.
- THE SECOND CHARTER GRANTED BY KING CHARLES II. TO THE PROPRIETORS OF CAROLINA
- PER IPSUM REGEM.
- An ABSTRACT of the CONSTITUTION of CAROLINA.
- ORIGINAL ADVERTISEMENT, INCLUDED FOR HISTORICAL CONTEXT.
- TRANSCRIBER'S NOTES TO ETEXT:
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation