Beyond the city
Although Arthur Conan Doyle is best known for his stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes, he was a prolific writer whose other works include science fiction stories, historical novels, plays, romances, poetry, and non-fiction. First published in 1892, Beyond the City, unlike other Conan Doyle works, is set in suburbia and is concerned with women's rights. The history of three families intricately connected by fate, the story focuses on the character of Mrs.Westmacott, the feminist heroine who drinks stout and smokes cigarettes. The lives of 19th century women are beautifully portrayed in this novel.
- BEYOND THE CITY
- CHAPTER I. THE NEW-COMERS.
- CHAPTER II. BREAKING THE ICE.
- CHAPTER III. DWELLERS IN THE WILDERNESS.
- CHAPTER IV. A SISTER’S SECRET.
- CHAPTER V. A NAVAL CONQUEST.
- CHAPTER VI. AN OLD STORY.
- CHAPTER VII. VENIT TANDEM FELICITAS.
- CHAPTER VIII. SHADOWS BEFORE.
- CHAPTER IX. A FAMILY PLOT.
- CHAPTER X. WOMEN OF THE FUTURE.
- CHAPTER XI. A BLOT FROM THE BLUE.
- CHAPTER XII. FRIENDS IN NEED.
- CHAPTER XIII. IN STRANGE WATERS.
- CHAPTER XIV. EASTWARD HO!
- CHAPTER XV. STILL AMONG SHOALS.
- CHAPTER XVI. A MIDNIGHT VISITOR.
- CHAPTER XVII. IN PORT AT LAST.
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation