This book engages students through activities that require higher-order thinking skills, such as: analysis, interpretation, evaluation and synthesis
as they progress through each lesson. The series highlights features and strategies that are aligned to the National Standards Curriculum (NSC).
These features and strategies include writing strategies, summarisation, collaborative writing, word processing and sentence combining, which are all incorporated in this book
* Models such as graphic organisers and tables are
used to appeal to remind learners and help
students organise their ideas and stay focused
* There are ample creative exercises after each new
topic, this helps to facilitate a thorough
understanding of what was taught.
* The book also promotes an integrated learning
environment as the revision exercises at the end
of each chapter entails writing prompts for
subjects across the curriculum.
* Students strengthen their writing skills through
extended instruction of different writing genres,
which are introduced by writing models.
* Writing tips are offered at certain points in the
book to guide the students throughout the
* The book encourages collaborative learning to
emphasise to the learner the importance of
keeping one’s audience in mind throughout the