The Admiral A Romance of Nelson in the Year of the Nile
By Douglas Sladen
Table of Contents
- The Admiral A Romance of Nelson in the Year of the Nile
- Prologue.—Introducing the Reader to the Lady Katherine Fleet.
- Chapter I.—Of the finding of Lord Nelson’s Journal.
- Chapter II.—Introducing the Admiral.
- Chapter III.—Of the Letters of a Boy and a Girl.
- Chapter IV.—Of our Entry into Syracuse.
- Chapter V.—In which Will has his first Chance, and his first Escapade, and his first Meeting with the Princess of Favara.
- Chapter VI.—At the Fountain of Cyané and the Papyrus Beds of the Anapo.
- Chapter VII.—Satisfying a Prince’s Honour.
- Chapter VIII.—Of the Battle of the Nile, on the First of August, 1798.
- Chapter IX.—How the Admiral began his friendship with Lady Hamilton.
- Chapter X.—What happened at the Ball given by Lady Hamilton in honour of the Admiral.
- Chapter XI.—How the Admiral entered the maze of Neapolitan Politics.
- Chapter XII.—Of a Visit to Pompeji in 1798, in which there were Lovers, and of the Supper in the Inn at Resina.
- Chapter XIII.—Of the Supper at the Palace that followed.
- Chapter XIV.—What the Admiral wrote of My Lady in his Journal.
- Chapter XV.—Of the Voyage to Malta, with the Account of what happened at Caserta.
- Chapter XVI.—What the Admiral wrote in his Journal about Love.
- Chapter XVII.—Which the Idle Reader may skip, as Politics. It sets forth the Cowardice and unravels the Intrigues which led to the Fall of Naples.
- Chapter XVIII.—How the Neapolitans declared War, and how they waged it.
- Chapter XIX.—How Two Millions and a half of Treasure were smuggled from the Palace to the British Ambassador’s.
- Chapter XX.—How the Vanguard took the Royal Family to Palermo in the greatest Storm The Admiral ever knew.
- Chapter XXI.—How Will was entertained by the Princess at her Palace of the Favara.
- Chapter XXII.—How all Europe was at Sixes and Sevens.
- Chapter XXIII.—Of the Love of the Admiral and My Lady.
- Chapter XXIV.—How the Admiral went to the Favara, and the Prophecy began its Fulfilment.
- Chapter XXV.—How the Admiral took Naples, and of the Hanging of Caracciolo.
- Chapter XXVI.—Of the strange Plight in which Will found Katherine.
- Chapter XXVII.—Of the Death of Donna Rusidda, the Resurrection of Caracciolo, and the Happy Ending.
Also Available On
Arts & Photography489Biographies & Memoirs80Business & Money145Children's Books1605Christian Books & Bibles966Comics & Graphic Novels2Computers & Technology875Cookbooks, Food & Wine24Crafts, Hobbies & Home206Education & Teaching3860Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting14History5858Humor & Entertainment163Law153Literature & Fiction19829Medical Books2Mystery, Thriller & Suspense22Other3125Parenting & Relationships10Politics & Social Sciences1473Professional & Technical26Reference11Religion & Spirituality1726Romance269Science & Math1221Science Fiction & Fantasy210Self-Help41Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult147Test Preparation172Travel115
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Chemistry Grade 10 [CAPS]
- by Free High School Science Texts Project
- General Chemistry II
- by John Hutchinson
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge