The Admiral A Romance of Nelson in the Year of the Nile
By Douglas Sladen
Table of Contents
- The Admiral A Romance of Nelson in the Year of the Nile
- Prologue.—Introducing the Reader to the Lady Katherine Fleet.
- Chapter I.—Of the finding of Lord Nelson’s Journal.
- Chapter II.—Introducing the Admiral.
- Chapter III.—Of the Letters of a Boy and a Girl.
- Chapter IV.—Of our Entry into Syracuse.
- Chapter V.—In which Will has his first Chance, and his first Escapade, and his first Meeting with the Princess of Favara.
- Chapter VI.—At the Fountain of Cyané and the Papyrus Beds of the Anapo.
- Chapter VII.—Satisfying a Prince’s Honour.
- Chapter VIII.—Of the Battle of the Nile, on the First of August, 1798.
- Chapter IX.—How the Admiral began his friendship with Lady Hamilton.
- Chapter X.—What happened at the Ball given by Lady Hamilton in honour of the Admiral.
- Chapter XI.—How the Admiral entered the maze of Neapolitan Politics.
- Chapter XII.—Of a Visit to Pompeji in 1798, in which there were Lovers, and of the Supper in the Inn at Resina.
- Chapter XIII.—Of the Supper at the Palace that followed.
- Chapter XIV.—What the Admiral wrote of My Lady in his Journal.
- Chapter XV.—Of the Voyage to Malta, with the Account of what happened at Caserta.
- Chapter XVI.—What the Admiral wrote in his Journal about Love.
- Chapter XVII.—Which the Idle Reader may skip, as Politics. It sets forth the Cowardice and unravels the Intrigues which led to the Fall of Naples.
- Chapter XVIII.—How the Neapolitans declared War, and how they waged it.
- Chapter XIX.—How Two Millions and a half of Treasure were smuggled from the Palace to the British Ambassador’s.
- Chapter XX.—How the Vanguard took the Royal Family to Palermo in the greatest Storm The Admiral ever knew.
- Chapter XXI.—How Will was entertained by the Princess at her Palace of the Favara.
- Chapter XXII.—How all Europe was at Sixes and Sevens.
- Chapter XXIII.—Of the Love of the Admiral and My Lady.
- Chapter XXIV.—How the Admiral went to the Favara, and the Prophecy began its Fulfilment.
- Chapter XXV.—How the Admiral took Naples, and of the Hanging of Caracciolo.
- Chapter XXVI.—Of the strange Plight in which Will found Katherine.
- Chapter XXVII.—Of the Death of Donna Rusidda, the Resurrection of Caracciolo, and the Happy Ending.
Also Available On
Arts & Photography484Biographies & Memoirs72Business & Money144Children's Books1469Christian Books & Bibles867Computers & Technology846Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3671Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5763Humor & Entertainment161Law143Literature & Fiction19675Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense20Other3106Parenting & Relationships7Politics & Social Sciences1449Professional & Technical32Reference8Religion & Spirituality1636Romance237Science & Math1131Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult126Test Preparation81Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation