Diary of John Manningham
By John Manningham
Table of Contents
- DIARY OF JOHN MANNINGHAM,
- MANNINGHAM'S DIARY.
- Song to the Queene at the Maske at Court, Nov. 2.17
- In Motleyum.
- In Spenserum.18
- March 29, 1602.
- Epigram; Mr. Kedgwyn.
- fo. 2b.Epitaph in the Chauncery21 at Sandey in Bedford[shire.]
- fo. 3.Certayne devises and empresaes taken by the scucheons in the Gallery22 at Whitehall; 19 Martij 1601.
- fo. 5.Marche 28, 1602.23
- fo. 6.At St. Clementes;25 the precher.26
- fo. 6b.Out of a booke called The picture of a perfect commonwealth.28
- Dr. Mounfordes29 Sermon. (Ch. Dauers.)
- Mr. Downes.31
- Mr. Phillips.
- fo. 8b.Mr. Munoes32 of Peterhouse in Cambridge.
- fo. 9.Serchefeild of St. Johns in Oxford.33
- Mr. Scott, Trinit. Cant'br.
- fo. 9b.At Bradborne with my Cosen this Chrismas. 1601.
- Epitaphe of John Foote.
- Aliud of Mr. Child.
- Febr. 1601.
- Feb. 24.At Rochester, at the assises.
- In the Cathedrall Churche at Rochester.
- In Naui Ecclesiæ.
- May 9, 1602. fo. 18.Att the Temple Churche.
- May 13. At the Temple Churche.
- De Ascensione Domini.
- May 16, 1602. fo. 20b.May 16, 1602. At Paules Crosse.
- 23 May, 1602. fo. 21b.At Westminster.
- Junii 16o, 1602. fo. 25.At Paule's Crosse.
- Junij 9, 1602. fo. 26. Marti, lib. 10, Epig. 47.65
- June 20, 1602. fo. 27b.At Paules, one of Baliol Colledge in Oxford.
- 20 June, 1601.69 fo. 28b.Dr. Buckridge,70 at the temple Churche.
- fo. 32. August 1602.Notes out of a copie of a letter written by way of dedicacion of Charles the Fifth his instructions to his Sonne Phillip: translated out of Spanishe, and sent to hir Majestie by Lord H. Howard.77
- Dr. Parryes Ale for the Spring.
- Epitaphes in the Temple Churche.
- Epitaphe in the Churche at Hythe in Kent.
- fo. 36b. April, 1602.A medicine for the windines in the stomach.
- For the haymeroyds.
- fo. 40. 10 Oct. 1602.At Paules Crosse.
- fo. 45. October, 1602.Out of a Poeme called "It is merry when Gossips meete" S. R.105
- An Epitaphe upon a bellowes maker.
- fo. 46b. 24 October.Mr. Dr. King,109 preacher at St. Andrews in Holborn, at Paules Crosse, this daye.
- fo. 54b.October 31. At Paules
- At the Temple Church
- Posies for a jet ring lined with sylver.
- fo. 65. 14 November, 1602.Dr. Dawson of Trinity in Cambridge, at Paules Crosse.
- At Paules Crosse
- fo. 71. 28 Nov. 1602.At Paules,
- fo. 73. 5 Dec. 1602.Mr. Layfeild at St. Clements.
- fo. 76. 12 Dec. 1602.At St. Clements.
- fo. 76b. 12 Dec. 1602.At the Black Friars.
- fo. 79. 19 Dec. 1602.At Paules.
- At Paules Crosse.
- fo. 88. 30 Jan. 1602. In the afternoone, at St. Peters by Paules Wharfe, Mr. Clapham. Gen. iv. 8.
- Scottish taunts.
- fo. 91b. 4 Feb. 1602.Out of a poeme intituled The Tragicall History of Mary Queen of Scotts and Dowager of Fraunce.145 Hir Ghost to Baldwyne.
- The choise of the Regent was the beginning of their broyles. Duke Hamilton a worthie, wise prince, chosen Regent, purposed a marriag twixt Q. Mary and Ed. 6., interrupted by the Clergy, and matched with the Dauphine of Fraunce.146
- Our Queene offered hir 30,000 crownes per annum soe she would not marry a forreyner.147
- Dauis hir secretary gave counsell, that shee should not crowne hir husband. Lord Darly.148
- Of the murther of Davies.
- That not the Queen but others procured Bothwell to murther Lord Darly.149
- That she mourned not.
- Of hir favors.
- The cause that moued hir to stir sedition.
- Tyborne tippets, i. e. halters.151
- Appeald to forrein princes.
- fo. 96. 6 Feb. 1602.At the Temple Churche, Dr. Abbottes,156 Deane of [Winchester.157]
- fo. 96b. 6 Feb. 1602.In the afternoone, Mr. Clapham; his text, Math. xxiv. 15.
- fo. 99b. 13 Feb. 1602.At Paules,
- At a Spittle Sermon.
- fo. 113b. 27.At White Hall;
- fo. 118. 31 Mar. 1603.Of a beggar that lay on the ground drunk.
- fo. 121b. 8 Aprill 1603.At White Hall.
- At the Court at Whitehall.
- fo. 126b. 10 Aprill 1603.At Whitehall in the Afternoone in the Chappell.
- I.—Abstract of Will of Richard Manningham, dated 21st January 1611-12; 9th James I.
- II.—Inscription on Monument to Richard Manningham in East Malling Church.194
- III.—Abstract of Will of John Manningham, dated 21st January 1621-2; 19th James I.
- ADDENDA AND CORRIGENDA.
- TRANSCRIBER'S NOTE
Also Available On
Arts & Photography491Biographies & Memoirs82Business & Money158Children's Books1577Christian Books & Bibles952Comics & Graphic Novels1Computers & Technology874Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home208Education & Teaching3846Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting17History5851Humor & Entertainment162Law153Literature & Fiction19805Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense21Other3133Parenting & Relationships10Politics & Social Sciences1474Professional & Technical38Reference10Religion & Spirituality1717Romance269Science & Math1219Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help51Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult138Test Preparation169Travel114
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge