The History of the Reformation of Religion in Scotland with which are included Knox's confession and the book of discipline
By John Knox
Table of Contents
- THE HISTORY OF THE REFORMATION OF RELIGION IN SCOTLAND
- INTRODUCTORY NOTE.
- TABLE OF CONTENTS.
- THE REFORMATION OF RELIGION IN SCOTLAND
- BOOK FIRST.
- BOOK SECOND.
- BOOK THIRD.
- BOOK FOURTH.
- KNOX'S CONFESSION.
- The Preface.
- Of God.—Cap. I.
- Of the Creation of Man.—Cap. II.
- Of Original Sin.—Cap. III.
- Of the Revelation of the Promise.—Cap. IV.
- The Continuance, Increase, and Preservation of the Kirk.—Cap. V.
- Of the Incarnation of Christ Jesus.—Cap. VI.
- Why it behoved the Mediator to be very God and very Man.—Cap. VII.
- Election.—Cap. VIII.
- Christ's Death, Passion, Burial, etc.—Cap. IX.
- Resurrection.—Cap. X.
- Ascension.—Cap. XI.
- Faith in the Holy Ghost.—Cap. XII.
- The Cause of Good Works.—Cap. XIII.
- What Works are reputed good before God.—Cap. XIV.
- The Perfection of the Law and Imperfection of Man.—Cap. XV.
- Of the Kirk.—Cap. XVI.
- The Immortality of the Souls.—Cap. XVII.
- Of the notes by which the True Kirk is discerned from the false, and who shall be judge of the doctrine.—Cap. XVIII.
- The Authority of the Scriptures.—Cap. XIX.
- Of General Councils, of their Power, Authority, and Causes of their Convention.—Cap. XX.
- Of the Sacraments.—Cap. XXI.
- Of the right Administration of the Sacraments.—Cap. XXII.
- To whom Sacraments Appertain.—Cap. XXIII.
- Of the Civil Magistrate.—Cap. XXIV.
- The Gifts freely given to the Kirk.—Cap. XXV.
- THE BOOK OF DISCIPLINE.
- I. Of Doctrine.
- II. Of Sacraments.
- III. Touching the Abolition of Idolatry.
- IV. Concerning Ministers and their Lawful Election.
- V. Concerning Provision for the Ministers, and for Distribution of the Rents and Possessions justly appertaining to the Kirk.
- VI. Of the Superintendents.
- VII. Of Schools and Universities.
- VIII. Of the Rents and Patrimony of the Kirk.
- IX. Of Ecclesiastical Discipline.
- X. Touching the Election of Elders and Deacons, etc.
- XI. Concerning the Policy of the Church.
- XII. For Preaching and Interpretation of Scriptures, etc.
- XIII. Of Marriage.
- XIV. Of Burial.
- XV. For Reparation of Churches.
- XVI. For Punishment of those that Profane the Sacraments and do contemn the Word of God, and dare presume to minister them, not being thereto lawfully called.
- The Conclusion.
- Act of Secret Council, xxvii January, Anno &c., 1560.
- OF OBSOLETE AND SCOTS WORDS AND PHRASES.
- Transcriber's note:
You May Also Like
The Works of John Knox, Vol. 1 (of 6)
By John Knox
The Works of John Knox, Volume 2 (of 6)
By John Knox
The Pulpit Of The Reformation, Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4.
By John Knox, John Welch, Hugh Latimer
In Answer to Prayer
By William Quarrier, W. J. (William John) Knox-Little, William Boyd Carpenter, Theodore L. (Theodore Ledyard) Cuyler, Ian Maclaren
Also Available On
Arts & Photography473Biographies & Memoirs72Business & Money73Children's Books1469Christian Books & Bibles867Computers & Technology707Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3670Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5755Humor & Entertainment161Law143Literature & Fiction19615Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense20Other3106Parenting & Relationships7Politics & Social Sciences1382Professional & Technical32Reference8Religion & Spirituality1636Romance237Science & Math1132Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult126Test Preparation81Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation