Pablo de Segovia, the Spanish Sharper
By Francisco de Quevedo
Table of Contents
- PABLO DE SEGOVIA
- COMMENTS ON THE DRAWINGS OF DANIEL URRABIETA VIERGE. And also a Letter from the Artist.
- QUEVEDO AND HIS WORKS: With an Essay on the Picaresque Novel.
- BOOK I.
- CHAP. I. Giving an Account of Who he is and Whence he Sprung.
- CHAP. II. How I Went to School, and What Happened to me there.
- CHAP. III. How I went to a Boarding School in quality of Servant to Don Diego Coronel.
- CHAP. IV. Of my Convalescence, and Departure for the University of Alcalá de Henares.
- CHAP. V. Of our entrance into Alcalá, of the Footing we had to pay, and the Tricks they played upon us.
- CHAP. VI. Of the wicked old Housekeeper, and the first knavish pranks I played at Alcalá.
- CHAP. VII. How I received news of my Father’s Death, parted from Don Diego, and what Course of Life I resolved on for the future
- CHAP. VIII. My Journey from Alcalá to Segovia, and Happened by the way till I came to Rejas, where I lay that Night.
- CHAP. IX. Of what Happened to me on the road to Madrid with a Poet.
- CHAP. X. Of what I did at Madrid, and what Happened to me on my way to Cerecedilla, where I passed the Night.
- CHAP. XI. The kind Entertainment I had at my Uncle’s, the Visits I received; how I recovered my Inheritance and returned to Madrid.
- CHAP. XII. Of my flight from Segovia, with what Happened to me by the Way to Madrid.
- CHAP. XIII. In which the Gentleman pursues his Journey, and his promised Tale of his Life and Condition.
- BOOK II.
- CHAP. I. Of what happened to me at my coming to Madrid as soon as I arrived there, until Nightfall.
- CHAP. II. In which the same Subject is pursued, with other strange Incidents.
- CHAP. III. The further Proceedings of this Sharping Gang, till they were thrown all together into Gaol.
- CHAP. IV. In which the Prison is described and what happened therein, until the old Woman was whipped, my Companions exposed to Shame, and myself let out on Bail.
- CHAP. V. How I took a Lodging, and the Misfortune that befel me therein.
- CHAP. VI. In which the same Adventure is pursued, with various other Incidents.
- CHAP. VII. In which the Story is continued, with other Incidents and notable Misfortunes.
- CHAP. VIII. Of my Cure, and other Strange Things.
- CHAP. IX. In which I turn Player, Poet, and Gallant of Nuns; which Characters are Daintily Painted.
- CHAP. X. Of what happened to me at Seville, till I took Ship for the Indies.
You May Also Like
Also Available On
Arts & Photography491Biographies & Memoirs81Business & Money158Children's Books1561Christian Books & Bibles938Comics & Graphic Novels1Computers & Technology874Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home208Education & Teaching3838Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting15History5850Humor & Entertainment162Law153Literature & Fiction19797Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense22Other3133Parenting & Relationships10Politics & Social Sciences1472Professional & Technical37Reference10Religion & Spirituality1705Romance270Science & Math1218Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help51Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult136Test Preparation169Travel114
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge