A history of art in ancient Egypt, Vol. I (of 2)
By Georges Perrot, Charles Chipiez
Table of Contents
- A HISTORY OF ART IN ANCIENT EGYPT.
- LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS.
- TO THE READER.
- A HISTORY OF ART IN ANCIENT EGYPT
- CHAPTER I.
- § 1. Egypt's Place in The History of the World.
- § 2. The Valley of the Nile and its Inhabitants.
- § 3. The Great Divisions of Egyptian History.
- § 4. The Constitution of Egyptian Society—Influence of that Constitution upon Monuments of Art.
- § 5. The Egyptian Religion and its Influence upon the Plastic Arts.
- § 6. That Egyptian Art did not escape the Law of Change, and that its History may therefore be written.
- § 7. Of the place held in this work by the monuments of the Memphite period, and of the limits of our inquiry.
- CHAPTER II.
- § 1. Method to be Employed by us in our Study of this Architecture.
- § 2. General Principles of Form.
- § 3. General Principles of Construction.—Materials.
- § 4. Dressed Construction.
- § 5. Compact Construction.
- § 6. Construction by Assemblage.
- § 7. Decoration.
- CHAPTER III.
- § 1. The Egyptian Belief as to a Future Life and its Influence upon their Sepulchral Architecture.
- § 2. The Tomb under the Ancient Empire.
- THE MASTABAS OF THE NECROPOLIS OF MEMPHIS.
- THE PYRAMIDS.
- § 3. The Tomb under the Middle Empire.
- § 4. The Tomb under the New Empire.
- CHAPTER IV.
- § 1. The Temple under the Ancient Empire.
- § 2. The Temple under the Middle Empire.
- § 3. The Temple under the New Empire.
- § 4. General Characteristics of the Egyptian Temple.
You May Also Like
Also Available On
Arts & Photography486Biographies & Memoirs73Business & Money146Children's Books1472Christian Books & Bibles868Computers & Technology849Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3679Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5780Humor & Entertainment161Law143Literature & Fiction19714Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense20Other3112Parenting & Relationships7Politics & Social Sciences1455Professional & Technical32Reference8Religion & Spirituality1640Romance237Science & Math1135Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult127Test Preparation84Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation