History of Circumcision from the Earliest Times to the Present Moral and Physical Reasons for its Performance
By P. C. (Peter Charles) Remondino
Table of Contents
- HISTORY OF CIRCUMCISION FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO THE PRESENT.
- CHAPTER I. Antiquity of Circumcision.
- CHAPTER II. Theories as to the Origin of Circumcision.
- CHAPTER III. Spread of Circumcision.
- CHAPTER IV. Circumcision Among Savage Tribes.
- CHAPTER V. Infibulation, Muzzling, and other Curious Practices.
- CHAPTER VI. Attempts to Abolish Circumcision.
- CHAPTER VII. Miracles and the Holy Prepuce.
- CHAPTER VIII. History of Emasculation, Castration, and Eunuchism.
- CHAPTER IX. Philosophical Considerations Relating to Eunuchism and Medicine.
- CHAPTER X. Hermaphrodism and Hypospadias.
- CHAPTER XI. Religio Medici.
- CHAPTER XII. Hebraic Circumcision.
- CHAPTER XIII. Mezizah, the Fourth or Objectionable Act of Suction.
- CHAPTER XIV. What are the Benefits of Circumcision?
- CHAPTER XV. Predisposition to and Exemption and Immunity from Disease.
- CHAPTER XVI. The Prepuce, Syphilis, and Phthisis.
- CHAPTER XVII. Some Reasons for Being Circumcised.
- CHAPTER XVIII. The Prepuce as an Outlaw, and its Effects on the Glans.
- CHAPTER XIX. Is the Prepuce a Natural Physiological Appendage?
- CHAPTER XX. The Prepuce, Phimosis, and Cancer.
- CHAPTER XXI. The Prepuce and Gangrene of the Penis.
- CHAPTER XXII. The Prepuce, Calculi, and Other Annoyances.
- CHAPTER XXIII. Reflex Neuroses and the Prepuce.
- CHAPTER XXIV. Dysuria, Enuresis, and Retention of Urine.
- CHAPTER XXV. General Systemic Diseases Induced by the Prepuce.
- CHAPTER XXVI. Surgical Operations Performed on the Prepuce.
- NOTES TO TEXT.
- WORKS AND AUTHORITIES QUOTED.
- Transcriber’s Notes & Errata
You May Also Like
Frost's Laws and By-Laws of American Society A condensed but thorough treatise on etiquette and its usages in America, containing plain and reliable directions for deportment in every situation in life.
By S. Annie (Sarah Annie) Frost
Analyzing Character The New Science of Judging Men; Misfits in Business, the Home and Social Life
By Arthur Newcomb, Katherine M. H. (Katherine Melvina Huntsinger) Blackford
Seekers after God
By F. W. (Frederic William) Farrar
A Righte Merrie Christmasse The Story of Christ-Tide
By John Ashton
Origin and Early History of the Fashion Plate
By J. L. (John Lea) Nevinson
The 2001 CIA World Factbook
By United States. Central Intelligence Agency
A Voyage Round the World, Volume I Including Travels in Africa, Asia, Australasia, America, etc., etc., from 1827 to 1832
By James Holman
Entertaining Made Easy
By Emily Rose Burt
Hawaiian Folk Tales A Collection of Native Legends
Also Available On
Arts & Photography485Biographies & Memoirs73Business & Money146Children's Books1470Christian Books & Bibles868Computers & Technology848Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3674Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5776Humor & Entertainment161Law143Literature & Fiction19703Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense20Other3110Parenting & Relationships7Politics & Social Sciences1453Professional & Technical32Reference8Religion & Spirituality1639Romance237Science & Math1132Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult126Test Preparation82Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation