Written by an experienced author team, Collins Cambridge IGCSE® Additional Maths Student’s Book provides in-depth coverage of every aspect of the latest Cambridge IGCSE® Additional Mathematics 0606 syllabus, for first teaching from 2018 and examination from 2020.
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
First teaching: 2018 First examination: 2020. This resource also covers the Cambridge O Level Additional Mathematics 4037 syllabus.
• Cover the entire curriculum with confidence with clear references to what students will learn at the start of every chapter.
• Build upon student’s IGCSE® Mathematics course with exercises designed to test students’ initial understanding and prepare them for Additional Maths content.
• Consolidate understanding with tried and tested questions in extensive practice exercises and detailed worked examples, with hints on how to tackle tricky content.
• Help students to prepare for their examination with a set of exam-style questions at the end of every chapter, plus Cambridge questions from previous papers.
• Support students in developing problem solving skills with flagged questions and a problem-solving in context feature that require students to apply their skills and understanding.
• Emphasise the relevance of maths in the real world with 'Why this chapter matters', showing maths in everyday life or its place in historical developments.
• Deliver a fully international course with international examples, contexts, names, currency and locations. Help English as Second Language learners understand complex mathematical terminology with clear key term definitions, gathered in a glossary.
• Challenge students to stretch their skills and understanding with flagged extension questions in both the practice exercises and the chapter review questions.
• Support students in assessing their own understanding of the content through a progression checklist at the end of every chapter.
• Encourage students to check their work with answers to all exercise questions at the back of the book. Examination answers are only available in the Teacher’s Pack.