Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd edition offers a studentcentred
approach aligned directly to the National Standards
Curriculum (NSC). By developing core 21st-Century skills, the
course aims to nurture active, participatory citizens who are
able to make informed and reasoned decisions in a culturally
• Group activities develop the collaboration and
communication skills required for active, confident and
• Case studies and fact boxes relate concepts to real world
issues, ensuring a deeper understanding of the social
sciences and Jamaican culture.
• ICT objectives are incorporated into numerous activities,
ensuring students are well-prepared for modern-day life
• Stimulus questions and activities enable formative
assessment throughout the course.
• Research tasks and extension activities encourage
independent learning and develop critical thinking and
creative problem-solving skills.
• End of unit summaries and multiple choice questions
provide regular opportunities for summative assessment,
revision and exam practice.