Hocus Pocus Junior: The Anatomie of Legerdemain Or, the art of jugling set forth in his proper colours, fully, plainly, and exactly, so that an ignorant person may thereby learn the full perfection of the same, after a little practise.
Table of Contents
- HOCVS POCVS IVNIOR.
- The Anatomie of LEGERDEMAIN.
- To the Reader.
- The Art of LEGERDEMAINE Discovered.
- The originall of Legerdemaine, and how it came first into this Kingdome.
- The Definition of the Art of Legerdemain, with its principall parts.
- The end of the Art of Legerdemaine.
- The Definition, or description of the Operator.
- Of the Play of the Balls.
- How to make a great Ball seeme to come through a Table into a Cup.
- Other very pretty tricks with Bals.
- How to make a stone seeme to vanish out of your hand.
- How to make a Card vanish, and finde it againe in a Nut.
- How to seeme to eate a Knife.
- How to rap a Wag on the knuckles.
- How to seeme to swallow a long pudding made of Tinne.
- How to seeme to cut ones nose halfe off.
- How to seeme to pull a rope through your nose.
- How to make a pile of Counters seeme to vanish thorow a Table.
- How to seeme to put a ring through ones cheeke.
- How to seeme to thrust a bodkin into your forehead.
- How to put a Locke upon ones mouth.
- The use of it.
- How to make it freeze by the fire side.
- How to breath fire out of your mouth.
- How to draw ribbins of any colour out of your mouth, and to deliver it by the yard.
- How to make two bels come into one hand, having put into each hand one.
- How to make a Iugling booke, or a booke for Waggery.
- Bonus Genius or Nuntius invisibilis, or Hiccius Doccius as my senior cals it.
- Boxes to change Graine.
- How to vanish a glasse full of Beere.
- How to seeme to cut off a mans head, it is called the decollation of Iohn Baptist.
- How to make the face of a Childe to appeare in a pot of water.
- Advice whereby you may drinke a Tunnell full of drink, and afterwards seeme to poure the same all out of your sleeve againe.
- How to seeme to make a tooth drop out with a touch.
- Another conceit to procure laughter.
- How to make two or three egges dance upon a staffe.
- A merry conceit
- How to knit an hard knot upon a handkercher, and to seeme to undo the same with words.
- A notable feat of Fast and Loose; namely, to pull three beadstones from off a Cord, while you hold fast the ends thereof, without removing of your hands.
- To burne a threed, and to make it whole againe with the ashes thereof.
- To cut a Lace asunder in the midst, and to make it whole againe.
- How to seeme suddenly to melt a piece of Coyne with words.
- A device whereby you may draw sundrie liquors out of one seeming vessell, all which shall be put in at one hole, and all drawne out of another.
- A very strange tricke whereby you may seeme to cut a piece of Tape into foure parts, and make it whole againe with words.
- A device how to multiply one face, and make it seeme to be an hundred or a thousand.
- Of divers pretty iugling knacks.
- Feats by conveyance of money:
- A notable tricke to transforme a Counter into a Groat.
- An excellent feat to make a twopeny piece lye plaine in your hand, and to be passed from thence when you lift.
- How to transforme any one small thing into another forme by folding of paper.
- How to convey money out of one of your hands into the other by Legerdemain.
- How to make a six pence seeme to fall thorow a Table.
- How to seeme to blow sixpence out of another mans hand.
- How to deliver to one man one sixpence, and to another another sixpence, and to make both the testers come into one mans hand.
- Conveyance of Cards and Dice.
- Of Confederacie.
- How to cast a peece of money away, and to finde it in another mans mouth, pocket, or purse.
- How by the sound of a Counter philliped to tell what side is uppermost, whether crosse or pyle.
- How to make a bellowing noyse like an oxe, of a dogge and cat fighting together, or of two mastiffes fighting together.
- Transcriber's Notes
You May Also Like
China and Pottery Marks
Beauty and the Beast
The Lady's Album of Fancy Work for 1850 Consisting of Novel, Elegant, and Useful Designs in Knitting, Netting, Crochet, Braiding, and Embroidery, with Clear and Explicit Directions for Working the Patterns
The History of the Devils of Loudun, Volumes I-III The Alleged Possession of the Ursuline Nuns, and the Trial and Execution of Urbain Grandier, Told by an Eye-witness
Book of Jude
False Friends, and The Sailor's Resolve
Ali Baba, or the Forty Thieves
Dame Duck's First Lecture on Education
Also Available On
Arts & Photography472Biographies & Memoirs71Business & Money73Children's Books1422Christian Books & Bibles851Computers & Technology705Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3646Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5749Humor & Entertainment159Law142Literature & Fiction19590Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense16Other3105Parenting & Relationships6Politics & Social Sciences1378Professional & Technical14Reference8Religion & Spirituality1618Romance235Science & Math1125Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help48Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult125Test Preparation77Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation