Lectures on the Philosophy and Practice of Slavery As Exhibited in the Institution of Domestic Slavery in the United States, with the Duties of Masters to Slaves
By William A. (William Andrew) Smith
Table of Contents
- LECTURES ON THE Philosophy and Practice OF SLAVERY,
- LECTURE I. INTRODUCTORY REMARKS ON THE SUBJECT OF AFRICAN SLAVERY IN THE UNITED STATES.
- LECTURE II. THE ABSTRACT PRINCIPLE OF THE INSTITUTION OF DOMESTIC SLAVERY.
- LECTURE III. OBJECTIONS CONSIDERED.
- LECTURE IV. THE QUESTION OF RIGHTS DISCUSSED.
- LECTURE V. THE DOCTRINES OF RIGHTS APPLIED TO GOVERNMENT.
- LECTURE VI. THE ABSTRACT PRINCIPLE OF SLAVERY DISCUSSED ON SCRIPTURE GROUNDS, AND MISREPRESENTATIONS OF THE PRINCIPLE EXAMINED.
- LECTURE VII. THE INSTITUTION OF DOMESTIC SLAVERY.
- LECTURE VIII. DOMESTIC SLAVERY, AS A SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT FOR THE AFRICANS IN AMERICA, EXAMINED AND DEFENDED ON THE GROUND OF ITS ADAPTATION TO THE PRESENT CONDITION OF THE RACE.
- LECTURE IX. THE NECESSITY FOR THE INSTITUTION OF DOMESTIC SLAVERY EXEMPLIFIED BY FACTS.
- LECTURE X. EMANCIPATION DOCTRINES DISCUSSED.
- LECTURE XI. TEACHING THE SLAVES TO READ AND WRITE.
- LECTURE XII. THE CONSERVATIVE INFLUENCE OF THE AFRICAN POPULATION OF THE SOUTH.
- LECTURE XIII. THE DUTY OF MASTERS TO SLAVES.
- I. The duties of masters to their slaves, considered as “their money:” “for he is his money,” Ex. xxi. 21.
- II. The duties of masters to slaves, as social beings.
- III. The duties of masters to slaves as religious beings.
The book hasn't received reviews yet.
You May Also Like
The Papers And Writings Of Abraham Lincoln — Volume 3: The Lincoln-Douglas Debates
By Abraham Lincoln
A Tour in Ireland 1776-1779
By Arthur Young
Diary from November 12, 1862, to October 18, 1863
By count Adam G. De Gurowski
The Defects of the Negro Church The American Negro Academy. Occasional Papers No. 10
By Orishatukeh Faduma
Diary of Samuel Pepys — Volume 69: November 1668
By Samuel Pepys
Sparkling Gems of Race Knowledge Worth Reading A compendium of valuable information and wise suggestions that will inspire noble effort at the hands of every race-loving man, woman, and child.
By Sukumar Ranjan Das
The Life of Mrs. Robert Louis Stevenson
By Nellie Van de Grift Sanchez
Across Unknown South America
By Arnold Henry Savage Landor
Also Available On
Arts & Photography489Biographies & Memoirs80Business & Money145Children's Books1610Christian Books & Bibles969Comics & Graphic Novels2Computers & Technology875Cookbooks, Food & Wine24Crafts, Hobbies & Home206Education & Teaching3860Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting14History5858Humor & Entertainment163Law153Literature & Fiction19833Medical Books2Mystery, Thriller & Suspense24Other3125Parenting & Relationships10Politics & Social Sciences1473Professional & Technical26Reference11Religion & Spirituality1726Romance273Science & Math1222Science Fiction & Fantasy210Self-Help41Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult149Test Preparation172Travel115
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Chemistry Grade 10 [CAPS]
- by Free High School Science Texts Project
- General Chemistry II
- by John Hutchinson
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge