Table of Contents
- TWENTY-TWO GOBLINS
- Translated from the Sanskrit by Arthur William Ryder
- 1. The Prince's Elopement. Whose fault was the resulting death of his parents-in-law?
- 2. The Three Lovers who brought the Dead Girl to Life. Whose wife should she be?
- 3. The Parrot and the Thrush. Which are worse, men or women?
- 4. King Shudraka and Hero's Family. Which of the five deserves the most honour?
- 5. The Brave Man, the Wise Man, and the Clever Man. To which should the girl be given?
- 6. The Girl who transposed the Heads of her Husband and Brother. Which combination of head and body is her husband?
- 7. The Mutual Services of King Fierce-lion and Prince Good. Which is the more deserving?
- 8. The Specialist in Food, the Specialist in Women, and the Specialist in Cotton. Which is the cleverest?
- 9. The Four Scientific Suitors. To which should the girl be given?
- 10. The Three Delicate Wives of King Virtue-banner. Which is the most delicate?
- 11. The King who won a Fairy as his Wife. Why did his counsellor's heart break?
- 12. The Brahman who died because Poison from a Snake in the Claws of a Hawk fell into a Dish of Food given him by a Charitable Woman. Who is to blame for his death?
- 13. The Girl who showed Great Devotion to the Thief. Did he weep or laugh?
- 14. The Man who changed into a Woman at Will. Was his wife his or the other man's?
- 15. The Fairy Prince Cloud-chariot and the Serpent Shell-crest. Which is the more self-sacrificing?
- 16. The King who died for Love of his General's Wife; the General follows him in Death. Which is the more worthy?
- 17. The Youth who went through the Proper Ceremonies. Why did he fail to win the magic spell?
- 18. The Boy whom his Parents, the King, and the Giant conspired to Kill. Why did he laugh at the moment of death?
- 19. The Man, his Wife, and her Lover, who all died for Love. Which was the most foolish?
- 20. The Four Brothers who brought a Dead Lion to Life. Which is to blame when he kills them all?
- 21. The Old Hermit who exchanged his Body for that of the Dead Boy. Why did he weep and dance?
- 22. The Father and Son who married Daughter and Mother. What relation were their children?
- TWENTY-TWO GOBLINS
- FIRST GOBLIN
- SECOND GOBLIN
- THIRD GOBLIN
- FOURTH GOBLIN
- FIFTH GOBLIN
- SIXTH GOBLIN
- SEVENTH GOBLIN
- EIGHTH GOBLIN
- NINTH GOBLIN
- TENTH GOBLIN
- ELEVENTH GOBLIN
- TWELFTH GOBLIN
- THIRTEENTH GOBLIN
- FOURTEENTH GOBLIN
- FIFTEENTH GOBLIN
- SIXTEENTH GOBLIN
- SEVENTEENTH GOBLIN
- EIGHTEENTH GOBLIN
- NINETEENTH GOBLIN
- TWENTIETH GOBLIN
- TWENTY-FIRST GOBLIN
- TWENTY-SECOND GOBLIN
You May Also Like
Alaeddin and the Enchanted Lamp
Also Available On
Arts & Photography485Biographies & Memoirs73Business & Money146Children's Books1471Christian Books & Bibles868Computers & Technology849Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3676Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5778Humor & Entertainment161Law143Literature & Fiction19708Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense20Other3111Parenting & Relationships7Politics & Social Sciences1453Professional & Technical32Reference8Religion & Spirituality1640Romance237Science & Math1132Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult126Test Preparation82Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation