History of Dogma, Volume 2
By Adolf von Harnack
Table of Contents
- HISTORY OF DOGMA
- DR. ADOLPH HARNACK
- ORDINARY PROF. OF CHURCH HISTORY IN THE UNIVERSITY, AND FELLOW OF THE ROYAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE, BERLIN
- TRANSLATED FROM THE THIRD GERMAN EDITION
- NEIL BUCHANAN
- VOL. II.
- DIVISION I
- BOOK II.
- THE LAYING OF THE FOUNDATIONS.
- CHAPTER I.
- HISTORICAL SURVEY.
- I. FIXING AND GRADUAL SECULARISING OF CHRISTIANITY AS A CHURCH
- CHAPTER II
- THE SETTING UP OF THE APOSTOLIC STANDARDS FOR ECCLESIASTICAL CHRISTIANITY. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.20
- A. The Transformation of the Baptismal Confession into the Apostolic Rule of Faith.
- B. The designation of selected writings read in the churches as New Testament Scriptures or, in other words, as a collection of apostolic writings.67
- C. The transformation of the episcopal office in the Church into an apostolic office. The history of the remodelling of the conception of the Church.130
- CHAPTER III.
- CONTINUATION. THE OLD CHRISTIANITY AND THE NEW CHURCH.
- EXCURSUS TO CHAPTERS II. AND III.
- CATHOLIC AND ROMAN.299
- II. FIXING AND GRADUAL HELLENISING OF CHRISTIANITY AS A SYSTEM OF DOCTRINE
- CHAPTER IV.
- ECCLESIASTICAL CHRISTIANITY AND PHILOSOPHY. THE APOLOGISTS.
- 1. Introduction.340
- 2. Christianity as Philosophy and as Revelation.
- 3. The doctrines of Christianity as the revealed and rational religion.
- Interpretation and Criticism, especially of Justin's Doctrines.
- CHAPTER V.
- THE BEGINNINGS OF AN ECCLESIASTICO-THEOLOGICAL INTERPRETATION AND REVISION OF THE RULE OF FAITH IN OPPOSITION TO GNOSTICISM ON THE BASIS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT AND THE CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY OF THE APOLOGISTS: MELITO, IRENÆUS, TERTULLIAN, HIPPOLYTUS, NOVATIAN.460
- 1. The theological position of Irenæus and the later contemporary Church teachers.
- 2. The Doctrines of the Church.
- 3. Results to ecclesiastical Christianity.
- CHAPTER VI.
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE ECCLESIASTICAL TRADITION INTO A PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, OR THE ORIGIN OF THE SCIENTIFIC THEOLOGY AND DOGMATIC OF THE CHURCH.
- 1. The Alexandrian Catechetical School. Clement of Alexandria.656
- 2. The system of Origen.679
You May Also Like
History of Dogma, Volume 1
By Adolf von Harnack
Grace, Actual and Habitual A Dogmatic Treatise
By Joseph Pohle
Hinduism and Buddhism, An Historical Sketch, Vol. 3
By Sir Charles Eliot
Churchwardens' Manual their duties, powers, rights, and privilages
By George Henry Sumner
The Message and the Man: Some Essentials of Effective Preaching
By J. Dodd (James Dodd) Jackson
A Guide for the Religious Instruction of Jewish Youth
By Isaac Samuel Reggio
By Charles Wesley Naylor
Modern Saints and Seers
By Jean Finot
Also Available On
Arts & Photography472Biographies & Memoirs69Business & Money64Children's Books318Christian Books & Bibles831Computers & Technology699Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3614Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5742Humor & Entertainment160Law142Literature & Fiction19573Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense16Other3103Parenting & Relationships2Politics & Social Sciences1369Professional & Technical11Reference7Religion & Spirituality1607Romance230Science & Math1097Science Fiction & Fantasy201Self-Help40Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult120Test Preparation31Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation