History of Dogma, Volume 2
By Adolf von Harnack
Table of Contents
- HISTORY OF DOGMA
- DR. ADOLPH HARNACK
- ORDINARY PROF. OF CHURCH HISTORY IN THE UNIVERSITY, AND FELLOW OF THE ROYAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE, BERLIN
- TRANSLATED FROM THE THIRD GERMAN EDITION
- NEIL BUCHANAN
- VOL. II.
- DIVISION I
- BOOK II.
- THE LAYING OF THE FOUNDATIONS.
- CHAPTER I.
- HISTORICAL SURVEY.
- I. FIXING AND GRADUAL SECULARISING OF CHRISTIANITY AS A CHURCH
- CHAPTER II
- THE SETTING UP OF THE APOSTOLIC STANDARDS FOR ECCLESIASTICAL CHRISTIANITY. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.20
- A. The Transformation of the Baptismal Confession into the Apostolic Rule of Faith.
- B. The designation of selected writings read in the churches as New Testament Scriptures or, in other words, as a collection of apostolic writings.67
- C. The transformation of the episcopal office in the Church into an apostolic office. The history of the remodelling of the conception of the Church.130
- CHAPTER III.
- CONTINUATION. THE OLD CHRISTIANITY AND THE NEW CHURCH.
- EXCURSUS TO CHAPTERS II. AND III.
- CATHOLIC AND ROMAN.299
- II. FIXING AND GRADUAL HELLENISING OF CHRISTIANITY AS A SYSTEM OF DOCTRINE
- CHAPTER IV.
- ECCLESIASTICAL CHRISTIANITY AND PHILOSOPHY. THE APOLOGISTS.
- 1. Introduction.340
- 2. Christianity as Philosophy and as Revelation.
- 3. The doctrines of Christianity as the revealed and rational religion.
- Interpretation and Criticism, especially of Justin's Doctrines.
- CHAPTER V.
- THE BEGINNINGS OF AN ECCLESIASTICO-THEOLOGICAL INTERPRETATION AND REVISION OF THE RULE OF FAITH IN OPPOSITION TO GNOSTICISM ON THE BASIS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT AND THE CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY OF THE APOLOGISTS: MELITO, IRENÆUS, TERTULLIAN, HIPPOLYTUS, NOVATIAN.460
- 1. The theological position of Irenæus and the later contemporary Church teachers.
- 2. The Doctrines of the Church.
- 3. Results to ecclesiastical Christianity.
- CHAPTER VI.
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE ECCLESIASTICAL TRADITION INTO A PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, OR THE ORIGIN OF THE SCIENTIFIC THEOLOGY AND DOGMATIC OF THE CHURCH.
- 1. The Alexandrian Catechetical School. Clement of Alexandria.656
- 2. The system of Origen.679
You May Also Like
History of Dogma, Volume 1
By Adolf von Harnack
Grace, Actual and Habitual A Dogmatic Treatise
By Joseph Pohle
Hinduism and Buddhism, An Historical Sketch, Vol. 3
By Sir Charles Eliot
Churchwardens' Manual their duties, powers, rights, and privilages
By George Henry Sumner
The Message and the Man: Some Essentials of Effective Preaching
By J. Dodd (James Dodd) Jackson
A Guide for the Religious Instruction of Jewish Youth
By Isaac Samuel Reggio
By Charles Wesley Naylor
Modern Saints and Seers
By Jean Finot
Statement on Bahá'u'lláh
By Bahá'í International Community
Also Available On
Arts & Photography472Biographies & Memoirs72Business & Money73Children's Books1438Christian Books & Bibles851Computers & Technology705Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3651Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5749Humor & Entertainment160Law142Literature & Fiction19591Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense16Other3105Parenting & Relationships6Politics & Social Sciences1381Professional & Technical19Reference8Religion & Spirituality1620Romance235Science & Math1128Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help48Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult125Test Preparation77Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation