On the Curability of Certain Forms of Insanity, Epilepsy, Catalepsy, and Hysteria in Females
By Baker Brown
Table of Contents
- ON THE CURABILITY OF CERTAIN FORMS OF INSANITY, EPILEPSY, CATALEPSY, AND HYSTERIA IN FEMALES.
- TO DR. E. BROWN-SÉQUARD. F.R.S., &c.
- CHAPTER I. INTRODUCTORY.
- CHAPTER II. SYMPTOMS AND PROGRESS OF DISEASE—AGE AND CLASS OF PATIENTS TO BE TREATED—OPERATION—AFTER-TREATMENT, ETC.
- CHAPTER III. HYSTERIA, WITH CASES.
- Case I. Hysteria—Five Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure in Two Months.
- Case II. Two Years’ Illness—Operation—Cures.
- Case III. Hysteria—Thirteen Years’ Illness—Sterility—Operation—Cure, and subsequently Three Pregnancies.
- Case IV. Hysteria, with Sleeplessness—Six Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case V. Fissure of the Rectum, with Hysteria—Operation for the former—Relief—Subsequent Operation for Hysteria—Cure.
- Case VI. Hysteria, with Epileptiform Attacks in Childhood—Various Ailments for Thirteen Years—Operation—No Benefit.
- Case VII. Hysteria—Several Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case VIII. Hysteria—Many Years’ Illness—Phantom Tumour—Operation—Cure.
- Case IX. Hysteria—Five Years’ Illness—Sterility—Operation—Cure—Pregnancy—Two Children.
- Case X. Hysteria—Irritation of Right Ovary—Menorrhagia—Nine Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XI. Hysteria—Many Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure—Marriage and Progeny.
- Case XII. Hysteria—Mental Aberration, and Tendency to Melancholia—Eight Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XIII. Extreme Hysteria, verging on Insanity—Five Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XIV. Extreme Hysteria—Incipient Insanity—Operation—Cure.
- CHAPTER IV. SPINAL IRRITATION, WITH CASES
- Case XV. Spinal Irritation, and supposed Uterine Displacement—Six Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XVI. Dysmenorrhœa—Five Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XVII. Spinal Irritation and Loss of Use of Right Leg—Five Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XVIII. Hysteria and Spinal Irritation Twelve Years—Fissure of Rectum, recent Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XIX. Menorrhagia—Mental Delusion—Two Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure—Subsequent Marriage and Progeny.
- Case XX. Spinal Irritation, giving rise to Menorrhagia and Amaurosis—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXI. Spinal Irritation—Loss of Power in Lower Extremities—Operation—Rapid Improvement.
- CHAPTER V. EPILEPTOID CONVULSIONS, OR HYSTERICAL EPILEPSY, WITH CASES.
- Case XXII. Nine Years’ Illness—Epileptiform Attacks—Three Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXIII. Epileptoid Fits—Fifteen Years—Illness for Twenty-six Years—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXIV. Hysterical Epilepsy—Long Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXV. Hysteria and Epileptiform Attacks—Many Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXVI. Epileptiform Fits and General Hysteria—Four Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXVII. Epileptiform Fits—Six Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXVIII. Hysterical Epilepsy—Three Years and a Half Duration—Operation—Cure.
- CHAPTER VI. CATALEPSY, WITH CASES.
- Case XXIX. Hysterical Catalepsy—Many Years’ Duration—Operation—Relief—Remarks.
- Case XXX. Hysterical Cataleptic Fits of Long Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXI. Cataleptic Fits—Two Years’ Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXII. Cataleptic Fits—Many Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXIII. Cataleptic Fits—Six Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- CHAPTER VII. EPILEPSY, WITH CASES.
- Case XXXIV. Epileptic Fits—Twelve Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXV. Epileptic Fits—Five Years’ Duration—Preceded by Cataleptic Fits, during the Ten previous Years—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXVI. Epileptic Fits—Many Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXVII. Epileptic Fits—Two Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXVIII. Severe and Frequent Epileptic Fits for Three Years and a Half—Operation—Cure.
- Case XXXIX. Epilepsy, with Dementia—One Year’s Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XL. Epileptic Fits—Two Years and a Half Duration—Operation—Relief.
- Case XLI. Epileptic Fits, with Dementia—Thirty Years’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- CHAPTER VIII. IDIOTCY AND INSANITY, WITH CASES.
- Case XLII. Epileptic Fits, with Complete Idiotcy—Operation—Great Temporary Relief, but not Permanent Benefit.
- Case XLIII. Incipient Suicidal Mania—Many Years’ Gradual Illness—Operation—Cure.
- Case XLIV. Several Years’ Illness—Two Months’ Insanity—Operation—Cure.
- Case XLV. Acute Insanity—Two Months—Operation—Cure.
- Case XLVI. Hysterical Homicidal Mania—One Year’s Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XLVII. Acute Hysterical Mania—Four Months’ Duration—Operation—Cure.
- Case XLVIII. Incipient Mania—One Year’s Duration—Operation—Cure—Subsequent Pregnancy.
The book hasn't received reviews yet.
Also Available On
Arts & Photography489Biographies & Memoirs81Business & Money145Children's Books1618Christian Books & Bibles979Comics & Graphic Novels2Computers & Technology876Cookbooks, Food & Wine24Crafts, Hobbies & Home206Education & Teaching3861Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting14History5859Humor & Entertainment163Law153Literature & Fiction19836Medical Books2Mystery, Thriller & Suspense24Other3125Parenting & Relationships10Politics & Social Sciences1473Professional & Technical26Reference11Religion & Spirituality1737Romance273Science & Math1222Science Fiction & Fantasy210Self-Help41Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult149Test Preparation172Travel115
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Chemistry Grade 10 [CAPS]
- by Free High School Science Texts Project
- General Chemistry II
- by John Hutchinson
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge