The Voyage of Governor Phillip to Botany Bay With an Account of the Establishment of the Colonies of Port Jackson and Norfolk Island (1789)
By Arthur Phillip
Table of Contents
- The Voyage
- Governor Phillip
- Botany Bay
- with an
- Account of the Establishment of the Colonies of Port Jackson and Norfolk Island;
- compiled from Authentic Papers,
- which have been obtained from the several Departments
- to which are added
- the Journals of Lieuts. Shortland, Watts, Ball and Capt. Marshall
- with an Account of their New Discoveries,
- embellished with fifty five Copper Plates,
- the Maps and Charts taken from Actual Surveys,
- and the plans and views drawn on the spot,
- Printed for John Stockdale, Piccadilly
- TO THE MOST NOBLE THE MARQUIS OF SALISBURY, LORD CHAMBERLAIN OF HIS MAJESTY'S HOUSEHOLD, ETC., ETC. THIS VOLUME, CONTAINING ALL THAT IS YET KNOWN OF THE SETTLEMENT AT SYDNEY COVE, IS MOST RESPECTFULLY INSCRIBED, BY HIS LORDSHIP'S MUCH OBLIGED, AND MOST FAITHFUL HUMBLE SERVANT, JOHN STOCKDALE. NOVEMBER 25, 1789.
- ANECDOTES OF GOVERNOR PHILLIP.
- ERRATA (These have been corrected in this eBook)
- ACCOUNT OF THE VIGNETTE.
- VISIT OF HOPE TO SYDNEY-COVE, NEAR BOTANY-BAY.
- VIEW of the FLEET and ESTABLISHMENT sent out with GOVERNOR PHILLIP to NEW SOUTH WALES.
- A LIST OF THE SUBSCRIBERS.
- LIST OF THE PLATES.
- Chapter I.
- Chapter II.
- Chapter III.
- Chapter IV.
- Chapter V.
- Chapter VI.
- Chapter VII.
- Chapter VIII.
- INSTRUCTIONS for PHILIP GIDLEY KING, Esq; Superintendant and Commandant of the Settlement of NORFOLK ISLAND.
- Chapter IX.
- Chapter X.
- Chapter XI.
- Chapter XII.
- Chapter XIII.
- Chapter XIV.
- REMARKS and DIRECTIONS for SAILING into PORT JACKSON, by Capt. J. HUNTER, of the Sirius.
- Chapter XV.
- Chapter XVI.
- PAPERS RELATIVE TO THE SETTLEMENT AT PORT JACKSON.
- No. III.
- LIST of such OFFICERS, NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS, DRUMMERS, and PRIVATES, as are desirous of remaining in this Country, after the time when their Lordships the Commissioners of the Admiralty intended to relieve the Detachment, as expressed in their Letter of the 8th October, 1788.
- No. IV.
- AN ACCOUNT OF PROVISIONS REMAINING IN HIS MAJESTY'S STORES, AT SYDNEY COVE, NEW SOUTH WALES, 30TH SEPTEMBER, 1788.
- No. V.
- Chapter XVII.
- Chapter XVIII.
- Chapter XIX.
- Chapter XX.
- Chapter XXI.
- Chapter XXII.
- ANECDOTE OF CAPTAIN COOK AND O'TOO.
- The End
You May Also Like
Wilmot and Tilley
By James Hannay
The "Wearing of the Green," or The Prosecuted Funeral Procession
By A.M. (Alexander Martin) Sullivan
A Grammar of Freethought
By Chapman Cohen
Under the Prophet in Utah; the National Menace of a Political Priestcraft
By Frank J. Cannon, Harvey Jerrold O'Higgins
Journal of an Expedition into the Interior of Tropical Australia, in Search of a Route from Sydney to the Gulf of Carpentaria (1848)
By T. L. (Thomas Livingstone) Mitchell
Jewish Literature and Other Essays
By Gustav Karpeles
A Tale of One City: the New Birmingham Papers Reprinted from the "Midland Counties Herald"
By Thomas Anderton
Darkest India A Supplement to General Booth's "In Darkest England, and the Way Out"
By Frederick St. George De Lautour Booth-Tucker
By Henry Cabot Lodge
Also Available On
Arts & Photography491Biographies & Memoirs81Business & Money158Children's Books1555Christian Books & Bibles933Comics & Graphic Novels1Computers & Technology867Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home208Education & Teaching3820Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting15History5850Humor & Entertainment162Law153Literature & Fiction19797Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense22Other3133Parenting & Relationships10Politics & Social Sciences1469Professional & Technical39Reference10Religion & Spirituality1698Romance268Science & Math1217Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help51Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult136Test Preparation161Travel114
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge