The Voyage of Governor Phillip to Botany Bay With an Account of the Establishment of the Colonies of Port Jackson and Norfolk Island (1789)
By Arthur Phillip
Table of Contents
- The Voyage
- Governor Phillip
- Botany Bay
- with an
- Account of the Establishment of the Colonies of Port Jackson and Norfolk Island;
- compiled from Authentic Papers,
- which have been obtained from the several Departments
- to which are added
- the Journals of Lieuts. Shortland, Watts, Ball and Capt. Marshall
- with an Account of their New Discoveries,
- embellished with fifty five Copper Plates,
- the Maps and Charts taken from Actual Surveys,
- and the plans and views drawn on the spot,
- Printed for John Stockdale, Piccadilly
- TO THE MOST NOBLE THE MARQUIS OF SALISBURY, LORD CHAMBERLAIN OF HIS MAJESTY'S HOUSEHOLD, ETC., ETC. THIS VOLUME, CONTAINING ALL THAT IS YET KNOWN OF THE SETTLEMENT AT SYDNEY COVE, IS MOST RESPECTFULLY INSCRIBED, BY HIS LORDSHIP'S MUCH OBLIGED, AND MOST FAITHFUL HUMBLE SERVANT, JOHN STOCKDALE. NOVEMBER 25, 1789.
- ANECDOTES OF GOVERNOR PHILLIP.
- ERRATA (These have been corrected in this eBook)
- ACCOUNT OF THE VIGNETTE.
- VISIT OF HOPE TO SYDNEY-COVE, NEAR BOTANY-BAY.
- VIEW of the FLEET and ESTABLISHMENT sent out with GOVERNOR PHILLIP to NEW SOUTH WALES.
- A LIST OF THE SUBSCRIBERS.
- LIST OF THE PLATES.
- Chapter I.
- Chapter II.
- Chapter III.
- Chapter IV.
- Chapter V.
- Chapter VI.
- Chapter VII.
- Chapter VIII.
- INSTRUCTIONS for PHILIP GIDLEY KING, Esq; Superintendant and Commandant of the Settlement of NORFOLK ISLAND.
- Chapter IX.
- Chapter X.
- Chapter XI.
- Chapter XII.
- Chapter XIII.
- Chapter XIV.
- REMARKS and DIRECTIONS for SAILING into PORT JACKSON, by Capt. J. HUNTER, of the Sirius.
- Chapter XV.
- Chapter XVI.
- PAPERS RELATIVE TO THE SETTLEMENT AT PORT JACKSON.
- No. III.
- LIST of such OFFICERS, NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS, DRUMMERS, and PRIVATES, as are desirous of remaining in this Country, after the time when their Lordships the Commissioners of the Admiralty intended to relieve the Detachment, as expressed in their Letter of the 8th October, 1788.
- No. IV.
- AN ACCOUNT OF PROVISIONS REMAINING IN HIS MAJESTY'S STORES, AT SYDNEY COVE, NEW SOUTH WALES, 30TH SEPTEMBER, 1788.
- No. V.
- Chapter XVII.
- Chapter XVIII.
- Chapter XIX.
- Chapter XX.
- Chapter XXI.
- Chapter XXII.
- ANECDOTE OF CAPTAIN COOK AND O'TOO.
- The End
You May Also Like
The Defects of the Negro Church The American Negro Academy. Occasional Papers No. 10
By Orishatukeh Faduma
Diary of Samuel Pepys — Volume 69: November 1668
By Samuel Pepys
Sparkling Gems of Race Knowledge Worth Reading A compendium of valuable information and wise suggestions that will inspire noble effort at the hands of every race-loving man, woman, and child.
By Sukumar Ranjan Das
History of Egypt, Chaldæa, Syria, Babylonia, and Assyria, Volume 9 (of 12)
By G. (Gaston) Maspero
The Life of Mrs. Robert Louis Stevenson
By Nellie Van de Grift Sanchez
Across Unknown South America
By Arnold Henry Savage Landor
A Review of Hoffman's Race Traits and Tendencies of the American Negro The American Negro Academy. Occasional Papers No. 1
By Kelly Miller
Slave Narratives: a Folk History of Slavery in the United States From Interviews with Former Slaves South Carolina Narratives, Part 4
By United States. Work Projects Administration
Also Available On
Arts & Photography472Biographies & Memoirs71Business & Money73Children's Books1408Christian Books & Bibles849Computers & Technology705Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3645Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5748Humor & Entertainment159Law142Literature & Fiction19584Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense16Other3103Parenting & Relationships6Politics & Social Sciences1377Professional & Technical14Reference7Religion & Spirituality1616Romance233Science & Math1124Science Fiction & Fantasy203Self-Help47Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult123Test Preparation77Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation