By James H. Wood
Table of Contents
- The War
- CHAPTER ONE Virginia Military Institute. The Flag Raising. Growing War Spirit.
- CHAPTER TWO Corps of Cadets ordered to Richmond. March to Staunton, thence by rail to Richmond. Wreck in Blue Ridge Tunnel. Speech of Governor at Richmond.
- CHAPTER THREE Richmond becomes Capital of Confederacy. The President. Presentation of Flag. Ex-President Tyler. 37th Virginia Infantry Reg.
- CHAPTER FOUR Cheat Mountain Expedition. Ordered to Jackson at Winchester. Expedition to Bath and Romney. Battle of Kernstown. Retreat up the Valley.
- CHAPTER FIVE Retired to Swift Run Gap. Ewell's Division Arrives. Battle at McDowell. Battles at Front Royal and at Winchester. Bank's Retreat across the Potomac.
- CHAPTER SIX Return to Strasburg. Retired to Port Republic. The Angle near Harrisonburg. Ashby Fell. Capture of bridge by Federals. Recapture by Confederates. Battles of Cross Keys and of Port Republic.
- CHAPTER SEVEN On to Richmond. Battles at Gains' Mill and Cold Harbor. Fulkerson fell. Battles of White Oak Swamp, Frazier's Farm, Malvern Hill and Harrison's Landing. Return to Richmond.
- CHAPTER EIGHT Advance against Pope. Battle at Cedar Run. Battle at Bristoe Station. Battle at Manassas. Battles near Groveton on 28-29th. Battle renewed on 30th.
- CHAPTER NINE Capture of Harper's Ferry. Battle of Sharpsburg. Return to Virginia. Battle of Fredericksburg.
- CHAPTER TEN Federal Advance. Flank movement of Confederates. Attack on Federal right rear. Jackson wounded. Battle of Chancellorsville. Jackson's death.
- CHAPTER ELEVEN Return to the Valley. Battle at Winchester. Crossed the Potomac. Battle at Gettysburg. Charge of Hays and Hoke. Charge of 3rd Brigade.
- CHAPTER TWELVE Strength of Federal position. Three Days Battle. Retired to Hagerstown. Remained there eight days. Return to Virginia.
- CHAPTER THIRTEEN Wilderness campaign. Fighting on way to Spottsylvania Court House. Capture of part of Johnson's Division. Prison Life. War Ends. Return Home.
Also Available On
Arts & Photography472Biographies & Memoirs70Business & Money64Children's Books1326Christian Books & Bibles839Computers & Technology704Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3637Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5745Humor & Entertainment159Law142Literature & Fiction19578Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense16Other3103Parenting & Relationships2Politics & Social Sciences1369Professional & Technical11Reference7Religion & Spirituality1608Romance231Science & Math1109Science Fiction & Fantasy202Self-Help40Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult122Test Preparation50Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation