Experiments and Observations Relative to the Influence Lately Discovered by M. Galvani and Commonly Called Animal Electricity
By Richard Fowler
Table of Contents
- EXPERIMENTS AND OBSERVATIONS RELATIVE TO THE INFLUENCE LATELY DISCOVERED BY M. GALVANI, AND COMMONLY CALLED ANIMAL ELECTRICITY.
- SECTION I. Are the Phenomena, exhibited by the Application of certain different Metals to Animals, referrible to Electricity?
- SECTION II. Has Magnetism any concern in the Phenomena discovered by Galvani?
- SECTION III. What are the relations which subsist between the influence discovered by Galvani, and the muscles, the nervous, and the vascular systems, of animals?
- OF THE MUSCLES.
- OF THE NERVES.
- OF THE BLOOD VESSELS.
- SECTION IV. An attempt to investigate the Source from which the respective Powers of Nerves, and of Muscles, are derived.
- Experiments in which the Sciatic Nerves of Frogs were divided.
- Experiments in which the Crural Arteries of Frogs were tied as near to the Trunks of their Bodies, as where the Nerves had been divided in the former Experiments.
- Experiments in which the Sciatic Nerve was divided on one side, and the Crural Artery tied on the other.
- Experiments made with a view of ascertaining some of the Effects of Inflammation.
- Experiments suggested by some opinions of M. Fontana.
Also Available On
Arts & Photography486Biographies & Memoirs73Business & Money146Children's Books1472Christian Books & Bibles866Computers & Technology849Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3681Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5780Humor & Entertainment161Law143Literature & Fiction19719Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense20Other3113Parenting & Relationships7Politics & Social Sciences1456Professional & Technical32Reference8Religion & Spirituality1641Romance238Science & Math1136Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult127Test Preparation84Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation