By Sklodowska Curie
Table of Contents
- RADIO-ACTIVE SUBSTANCES
- CHAPTER I. Radio-activity of Uranium and Thorium. Radio-active Minerals.
- Measurement of the Intensity of Radiation.
- Radio-activity of the Compounds of Uranium and Thorium.
- Is Atomic Radio-activity a general Phenomenon?
- Radio-active Minerals.
- CHAPTER II. Method of Research.
- Polonium, Radium, Actinium.
- Spectrum of Radium.
- Extraction of the New Radio-active Substances.
- Preparation of the Pure Chloride of Radium.
- Determination of the Atomic Weight of Radium.
- Characteristics of the Radium Salts.
- Fractionation of Ordinary Barium Chloride.
- CHAPTER III. Radiation of the New Radio-active Substances.
- Methods of Investigation of the Radiation.
- Energy of Radiation.
- Complex Nature of the Radiation.
- Action of the Magnetic Field.
- Deflected β-Rays.
- Charge of the Deflected Rays.
- Action of the Electric Field upon the Deflected β-Rays of Radium.
- Relation of the Charge to the Mass for a Particle Negatively Charged Emitted by Radium.
- Action of the Magnetic Field upon the α-Rays.
- Action of the Magnetic Field on the Rays of other Radio-active Substances.
- Proportion of β-Rays in the Radiation of Radium.
- Penetrating Power of the Radiation of Radio-active Bodies.
- Ionising Action of Radium Rays on Insulating Liquids.
- Various Effects and Applications of the Ionising Action of the Rays Emitted by Radio-active Substances.
- Fluorescent and Luminous Effects.
- Evolution of Heat by the Salts of Radium.
- Chemical Effects produced by the New Radio-active Bodies.
- Physiological Effects.
- Influence of Temperature upon Radiation.
- CHAPTER IV. Communication of Radio-activity to Substances Initially Inactive.
- Activity Induced in an Enclosed Space.
- Part played by Gases in the Phenomena of Induced Radio-activity.
- Dissipation in Free Air of the Induced Activity of Solid Bodies.
- Dissipation of Activity in a Confined Space. Velocity of Destruction of the Emanation.
- Variation of Activity of Liquids rendered Active and of Radium Solutions.
- Theory of Radio-activity.
- Another Form of Induced Radio-activity.
- Induced Radio-activity with Slow Dissipation.
- Radio-activity Induced upon Substances in Solution with Radium.
- Dissemination of Radio-active Particles and Induced Radio-activity of the Laboratory.
- Activity Induced Outside the Influence of Radio-active Substances.
- Variations of Activity of Radio-active Bodies. Effects of Solution.
- Variations of the Activity of Radium Salts on Heating.
- Theory of Interpretation of the Causes of Variations of Activity of Radium Salts after Solution and after Heating.
- Nature and Cause of the Phenomena of Radio-activity.
- TRANSCRIBER’S NOTES
You May Also Like
Also Available On
Arts & Photography486Biographies & Memoirs78Business & Money158Children's Books1550Christian Books & Bibles930Computers & Technology862Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home205Education & Teaching3781Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting13History5796Humor & Entertainment162Law147Literature & Fiction19771Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense21Other3125Parenting & Relationships8Politics & Social Sciences1468Professional & Technical39Reference10Religion & Spirituality1692Romance240Science & Math1207Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help51Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult135Test Preparation162Travel113
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge