By H. W. Monckton
Table of Contents
- 1. County and Shire. Meaning of the Words.
- 2. General Characteristics.
- 3. Size. Shape. Boundaries.
- 4. Surface and General Features.
- 5. Watershed. Rivers and their Courses. Lakes.
- 6. Geology and Soil.
- 7. Natural History.
- 8. Climate and Rainfall.
- 9. People—Race. Population.
- 10. Agriculture.
- 11. Industries and Manufactures.
- 12. Minerals. Building Materials.
- 13. The History of Berkshire.
- 14. The History of Berkshire (continued).
- 15. Antiquities—(a) Prehistoric.
- 16. Antiquities—(b) Roman and Saxon.
- 17. Architecture—(a) Ecclesiastical. Churches.
- 18. Architecture—(b) Religious Houses.
- 19. Architecture—(c) Military.
- 20. Architecture—(d) Domestic.
- 21. Communications—Ancient and Modern.
- 22. Administration and Divisions—Ancient and Modern.
- 23. Public and Educational Establishments.
- 24. The Forest in Berkshire.
- 25. Roll of Honour.
- 26. The Chief Towns and Villages of Berkshire.
- Revision History
- External References
You May Also Like
The Place of Science in Modern Civilisation and Other Essays
By Thorstein Veblen
Degeneracy Its Causes, Signs and Results
By Eugene S. (Eugene Solomon) Talbot
Wilderness and Waterpower
By Christopher Armstrong
In Search of Effective Disability Policy
By Jan Høgelund
Guts and Brains
By Wil Roebroeks
The Rise of Mental Health Nursing
By Geertje Boschma
The Cultural Context of Biodiversity Conservation
By Petra Maass
AIDS, Intimacy and Care in Rural KwaZulu-Natal
By Patricia C. Henderson
How safe is eating chicken?
By Donato Romano
By Francis Bacon
Also Available On
Arts & Photography485Biographies & Memoirs73Business & Money146Children's Books1471Christian Books & Bibles868Computers & Technology849Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home204Education & Teaching3675Health, Fitness & Dieting12History5778Humor & Entertainment161Law143Literature & Fiction19707Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense20Other3111Parenting & Relationships7Politics & Social Sciences1453Professional & Technical32Reference8Religion & Spirituality1640Romance237Science & Math1132Science Fiction & Fantasy204Self-Help50Sports & Outdoors45Teen & Young Adult126Test Preparation82Travel112
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation