Mary Queen of Scots 1542-1587
Table of Contents
- Mary Queen of Scots
- Queen of Scots
- LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
- Mary Queen of Scots
- SECTION I
- FROM MARY'S BIRTH TO HER RETURN TO SCOTLAND FROM FRANCE
- The Birth of the Queen.
- 1550—April. Queen Mary's Life in France—Character of the Queen.
- Her Education and Accomplishments.
- 1558.—April. Mary's Betrothal and Marriage to the Dauphin.
- 1560.—June 11. The Death of the Queen Regent.
- 1560.—July. The Treaty of Edinburgh.
- The Abolition of Roman Catholicism by the Scottish Parliament.
- December 15. The Death of Francis II.
- 1560.—December 6. Mary's Devotion to Francis II.
- 1560.—December 31. Proposals for Mary's Return to Scotland, and for a Second Marriage.
- 1561.—June 13. Mary's Intentions Regarding Religion on her Return.
- 1561.—July 26. Throckmorton to Queen Elizabeth.
- 1561.—August 12. The Voyage from France to Scotland.
- SECTION II
- FROM MARY'S ARRIVAL IN SCOTLAND TO THE DARNLEY MARRIAGE
- The Queen's Arrival in Scotland.
- Knox's Opinion of the Queen.
- 1561.—2nd September. The Queen's Public Entry into Edinburgh.
- A Ballad of Welcome.
- Illustrations of the Religious Difficulty—Proclamation regarding Religion.
- 1561.—November 1. The Queen's first High Mass.
- Popular Songs.
- The Gude and Godly Ballates. Reprint of 1868, p. 153.
- The Conduct of Affairs in the Early Years of the Reign—Randolph on Mary's Ministers.
- Mary on the Treaty of Edinburgh.
- 1562.—Randolph's Account of the Huntly Rebellion.
- 1563.—28th May. The Sentence on the Earl's Body.
- 1563.—22nd February. The Death of Châtelar.
- The Famine of 1563.
- 1563.—The Meeting of Parliament.
- 1563.—May or June. Knox and the Queen.
- Mary's Second Marriage.
- 1563.—August 20. Instructions for Randolph.
- Queen Elizabeth and Sir James Melville.
- Queen Mary and Randolph.
- SECTION III
- FROM THE DARNLEY MARRIAGE TO THE RIZZIO MURDER
- 1563.—Feb. 17-Oct. 23. The Darnley Marriage and the Murray Rebellion.
- 1565.—April 29. Mary's Festivities.
- Murray's Reception by Elizabeth.
- Mary's Relations with her Husband.
- Agreement between Darnley and the Earls of Murray, Argyll, Glencairn, and Rothes, and Lords Boyd and Ochiltree.
- Bond for Rizzio's Murder—Ruthven's Relation.
- 1566.—April 2. Mary's Description of the Murder of Rizzio, in a letter to the Archbishop of Glasgow, her Ambassador in Paris.
- SECTION IV
- MURDER OF RIZZIO TO MURDER OF DARNLEY
- Relations between Mary and Darnley.
- Bequests to the King.
- Mary's Will as described in the "Book of Articles" (cf. p. 144).
- The Birth of Prince James.
- Rejoicings in Edinburgh.
- Elizabeth and the Rebels.
- Mary's Treatment of Darnley.
- Mary and the Poor.
- The Ride to Hermitage.
- Buchanan on the Ride to Hermitage.
- The Queen's Illness at Jedburgh.
- 1566.—The Craigmillar Conference.
- Events immediately before the Murder of Darnley.
- An Incident of the Baptism.
- 1566.—December 23. Restoration of the Consistorial Jurisdiction of the Archbishop of St. Andrews.
- Darnley's Illness.
- The Visit to Glasgow and the Murder.
- Mary's Description of the Murder.
- SECTION V
- FROM THE MURDER OF DARNLEY TO THE FLIGHT INTO ENGLAND
- 1567.—April 19. Mary's Capture by Bothwell.
- A Bond by a Number of the Nobility to promote Bothwell's Marrying of Queen Mary.
- 1567.—May. Mary on her Capture. Instructions to the Bishop of Dunblane for the French Court.
- The Bothwell Marriage.
- 1567.—May. Mary's Demeanour.
- 1567.—June 15. Carberry Hill.
- 1567.—July 12. Lochleven Castle.
- The Escape from Lochleven.
- SECTION VI
- THE CONFERENCES AT YORK AND WESTMINSTER
- The Conference at York.
- 1568.—September 9. Mary's Instructions to her Commissioners.
- October 8. Complaint of the Queen of Scots against the Earl of Murray.
- October 10. The Answer of the Earl of Murray.
- 1568.—October 16. Queen Mary's Commissioners' Rejoinder to Murray's Reply.
- 1568.—October 11. Letter to Queen Elizabeth from her Commissioners at York.
- Abstract of Matters showed to the Queen's Majesty's Commissioners by the Scots, sent the 11th of October.
- Notes drawn forth of the Queen's Letters sent to the Earl Bothwell.
- The Conference at Westminster.
- 1568.—November 22. Mary to her Commissioners.
- 1568.—November 26. Murray's "Eik" or Additional Charge.
- 1568.—December 1. The Answer of Queen Mary's Commissioners to the "Eik."
- 1568.—December 4. Elizabeth's Answer.
- 1568.—Dec. 4. Proceedings of the Privy Council.
- 1568.—Dec. 6. Proofs produced at Westminster.
- 1568.—December 19. Queen Mary's own Answer to the "Eik."
- 1569.—January 7. Proceedings at Hampton Court.
- 1569.—January 10. At Hampton Court.
- SECTION VII
- THE DOCUMENTS
- THE CASKET LETTERS.
- Letter I.
- Letter II.
- Letter III.
- Letter IV.
- Letter V.
- Letter VI.
- Letter VII.
- Letter VIII.
- The Love Sonnets.
- The Contracts of Marriage.
- The Discovery of the Letters—1. The Earl of Morton's Declaration.
- 2. Buchanan's Account.
- The Deposition of Thomas Nelson.
- Thomas Crawford's Deposition.
- Murray's Journal.
- The Depositions of Paris.
- 1573.—December 13. Confession of the Laird of Ormiston.
- 1581.—June 2. The Confession of the Earl of Morton.
- Letter from Mr. Archibald Douglas to the Queen of Scots.
- SECTION VIII
- THE END
- Queen Mary's Letter to Queen Elizabeth.
- The Will of the Queen of Scots.
- Queen Mary's Appeal to the Pope for Spiritual Faculties.
- Poem composed by Queen Mary in view of her Approaching Death.
- 1587.—February 8. Narrative of the Execution, sent to the Court.
- (A.) TABLE SHOWING THE RELATIONSHIP OF MARY TO LORD DARNLEY AND TO THE DUKE OF CHÂTELHERAULT.
- TABLE SHOWING THE POSITION OF MARY AND DARNLEY WITH REGARD TO THE CROWN OF ENGLAND.
- (B.) LORD DARNLEY.
- (C.) CONTEMPORARY WRITERS.
- GEORGE BUCHANAN.
- LORD HERRIES.
- JOHN KNOX.
- JOHN LESLEY.
- LINDSAY OF PITSCOTTIE.
- SIR JAMES MELVILLE.
- CLAUDE NAU.
- LORD RUTHVEN.
- DIURNAL OF OCCURRENTS.
- GUDE AND GODLY BALLATES.
- (D.) AUTHORITIES.
- (1.) OFFICIAL PUBLICATIONS.
- (2.) BOOKS WHICH CONTAIN ORIGINAL LETTERS, &c.
- (E.) CONTROVERSIAL WORKS.
- THE END
- Some Press Notices
- Transcribers Note
You May Also Like
Sparkling Gems of Race Knowledge Worth Reading A compendium of valuable information and wise suggestions that will inspire noble effort at the hands of every race-loving man, woman, and child.
Court Memoirs of France Series — Complete
The Great Events by Famous Historians, Volume 14
A Child's Anti-Slavery Book Containing a Few Words about American Slave Children and Stories of Slave-Life.
New York Times Current History; The European War, Vol 2, No. 2, May, 1915 April-September, 1915
Recent Developments in European Thought
The Journal of Negro History, Volume 4, 1919
New York Times Current History: The European War from the Beginning to March 1915, Vol 1, No. 2 Who Began the War, and Why?
Also Available On
Arts & Photography491Biographies & Memoirs78Business & Money144Children's Books1580Christian Books & Bibles952Comics & Graphic Novels1Computers & Technology873Cookbooks, Food & Wine24Crafts, Hobbies & Home208Education & Teaching3843Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting16History5853Humor & Entertainment162Law153Literature & Fiction19809Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense21Other3123Parenting & Relationships11Politics & Social Sciences1472Professional & Technical26Reference10Religion & Spirituality1716Romance269Science & Math1220Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help41Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult138Test Preparation169Travel114
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge