How to Teach Mathematics for Mastery
By Helen Drury
The publisher has enabled DRM protection, which means that you need to use the BookFusion iOS, Android or Web app to read this eBook. This eBook cannot be used outside of the BookFusion platform.
How to Teach Mathematics for Mastery is a research-informed guide to the key principles of the mastery approach. It summarises a wide range of research in a readable format, providing practical recommendations and guidance to help Secondary maths teachers and heads of department implement this approach in their schools. Written by a pioneer of the approach in the UK, How to Teach Mathematics for Mastery explores the theory and practice, with plenty of local and
international examples, to help teachers in Secondary schools develop a greater understanding of the mastery pedagogy for teaching mathematics.
Table of Contents
- 1) What is Mastery?
- 2) What are students really capable of?
- 3) Why do students learn mathematics?
- 4) What mathematics should you teach when?
- 5) Is testing a help or a hindrance?
- 6) What’s the point of practice?
- 7) How can you teach for deep understanding?
- 8) Can you help your students to think like mathematicians?
- 9) What gets students talking about mathematics?
- 10) How can you make this happen in your school?
- Appendix: Lesson observation guidelines
- Recommended reading
The book hasn't received reviews yet.
Also Available On