Lower Secondary Religious Education Student's Book 2
Lower Secondary Religious Education is a new three-level series covering the six major religions in the Caribbean: Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Rastafarianism and Revivalism.
In this book, students delve deeper in to the history, core beliefs and symbolism of each religion, and examine religious leadership and places of worship, including pilgrimage sites. It also explores how people worship and key religious festivals.
• Covers every topic from the point of view of the
six major religions examined, enabling students to
develop a balanced view and range of perspectives
• ‘In the Caribbean’ sections provide real-life examples within the region that students will be able to relate to
• Did you know?, What do you think? and class discussion features give students the opportunity to share their thoughts and knowledge in a structured and safe environment
• End-of-chapter review and assessment questions not only test understanding but also stimulate analysis of topics and critical thinking
- Section 1 The history of religion