GCSE 9-1 Geography AQA Exam Practice: Grades 7-9
This book provides write-in practice specially designed to support students aiming for Grades 7-9 at GCSE. It has been carefully written to
build students' familiarity and confidence with the content and skills required for exam success.
A step-by-step 'On your marks' approach hones students' ability to answer different types of exam questions effectively and provides scaffolded support for tricky threshold topics and concepts from the AQA specification.
The book includes annotated sample answers and a full set of exam papers to practise exam technique and is suitable for both independent study and in-class exam preparation.
Written with reference to the 2019 examiner reports and latest AQA guidance, you can be confident that this book reflects a real understanding of what is required for success at GCSE level. Includes answer guidance to all activities; mark schemes for exam papers will be provided online.
Also available: Revision Guide, Fieldwork, Student Book, Kerboodle Resources and Assessment, Kerboodle Book (student access).
Also available as printed book: 9781382009591; 4-6 version also available: 9781382009584
- Top tips for exam success
- Extending your understanding
- Social, economic and environmental factors
- Geographical scale
- The development gap
- Sustainable development
- Master the topic
- 1 The challenge of natural hazards
- 2 The living world
- 3 Physical landscapes in the UK
- 4 Urban issues and challenges
- 5 The changing economic world
- 6 The challenge of resource management
- Max your marks
- Mopping up the 1–3-mark questions (Multiple choice, other short answer questions)
- Excelling at 4-mark questions (‘Suggest’, ‘Explain’)
- Stepping up to 6-mark questions (‘Explain’, ‘Suggest’, ‘Discuss’)
- Hitting the heights on 9-mark questions (‘Evaluate’, ‘Do you agree?’, ‘Assess’, ‘To what extent’)
- Focus on Paper 3: Geographical applications
- Issue evaluation
- Issue evaluation resources booklet
- Specification checklist
- Skills and case studies checklists
- Exam practice papers
- Paper 1 Living with the physical environment
- Paper 2 Challenges in the human environment
- Paper 3 Geographical applications
- Resources booklet
- Answer guidance