The Life of Saint Columba, Abbot, and Apostle of the Northern Picts
Table of Contents
- LIFE OF SAINT COLUMBA,
- ABBOT AND APOSTLE OF THE NORTHERN PICTS
- AND PATRON OF THE MONASTIC ORDER IN IRELAND.
- CHAPTER I.
- BIRTH AND HOLY DISPOSITIONS OF ST. COLUMBA—HIS ECCLESIASTICAL TRAINING AT ST. FINNIAN'S—HE RECEIVES THE HOLY ORDER OF DEACON
- CHAPTER II.
- ST. COLUMBA FOUNDS THE MONASTERIES OF TYRCONNEL AND DURROUGH—HE IS ORDAINED PRIEST—GLORIOUS TESTIMONY TO HIS SANCTITY—HE ESTABLISHES OTHER RELIGIOUS HOUSES—AND FINALLY LEAVES IRELAND FOR HY IN THE HEBRIDES.
- CHAPTER III.
- ARRIVAL OF ST. COLUMBA WITH HIS MONKS IN HY, WHERE HE BUILDS A CHURCH AND MONASTERY—HE PREACHES TO THE NORTHERN PICTS, AND WORKS TWO STUPENDOUS MIRACLES—OTHER MISSIONARY LABORS OF THE SAINT—HIS CONNECTION STILL WITH IRELAND AND INTEREST IN IRISH AFFAIRS—HE RETURNS TO THAT COUNTRY AND MAKES THE VISITATION OF HIS MONASTERIES, &c.
- CHAPTER IV.
- LAST YEARS OF ST. COLUMBA—HIS SAINTLY DEATH.
You May Also Like
The Kitchen Encyclopedia Twelfth Edition (Swift & Company)
The Life of the Venerable Mother Mary of the Incarnation
The World English Bible (WEB): 1 Chronicles
The World English Bible (WEB): Joshua
The Miraculous Conception Or, The Divinity of Jesus Christ Considered as the Foundation of the Christian Religion
Some Remarks on the Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, Written by Mr. William Shakespeare (1736)
The Story of a Strange Career: Being the Autobiography of a Convict An Authentic Document
Antigua and the Antiguans, Volume II A full account of the colony and its inhabitants from the time of the Caribs to the present day
The Bible, King James version, Book 61: 2 Peter
Also Available On
Arts & Photography491Biographies & Memoirs82Business & Money158Children's Books1577Christian Books & Bibles952Comics & Graphic Novels1Computers & Technology874Cookbooks, Food & Wine31Crafts, Hobbies & Home208Education & Teaching3856Engineering & Transportation1Gay & Lesbian1Health, Fitness & Dieting17History5851Humor & Entertainment162Law153Literature & Fiction19806Medical Books1Mystery, Thriller & Suspense21Other3133Parenting & Relationships10Politics & Social Sciences1474Professional & Technical38Reference10Religion & Spirituality1717Romance269Science & Math1220Science Fiction & Fantasy205Self-Help51Sports & Outdoors47Teen & Young Adult138Test Preparation169Travel114
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
- by Christopher M. Bishop
- Data mining
- by I. H. Witten
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
- by Various
- CK-12 Chemistry
- by Various
- Concept Development Studies in Chemistry
- by John Hutchinson
- An Introduction to Chemistry - Atoms First
- by Mark Bishop
- Microsoft Word - How to Use Advanced Algebra II.doc
- by Jonathan Emmons
- Advanced Algebra II: Activities and Homework
- by Kenny Felder
- The Sun Who Lost His Way
- Tania is a Detective
- by Kanika G
- Java 3D Programming
- by Daniel Selman
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
- by Oracle Corporation
- Jamaica Primary Social Studies 2nd Edition Student's Book 4
- by Eulie Mantock, Trineta Fendall, Clare Eastland
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 1
- by Louis Fidge
- Reggae Readers Student's Book 2
- by Louis Fidge