Persistent Poverty: Underdevelopment in Plantation Economies of the Third World
The publisher has enabled DRM protection, which means that you need to use the BookFusion iOS, Android or Web app to read this eBook. This eBook cannot be used outside of the BookFusion platform.
1. Plantations in third world economy
2. The political economy of change in plantation economy and society: an outline
3. Social and political dimensions of plantation society
4. Changing scenes in plantation development
5. The dynamics of growth and the nature of metropolitan plantation enterprise
6. Social costs of plantations: resource misallocation in plantation
7. The dynamics of underdevelopment with plantation agriculture
8. Possibilities for change and transformation
9. A concluding note on the strategy of transformation and the general third world scene
APPENDIX 1. Plantations in underdeveloped countries and regions
APPENDIX 2. Economic organization of plantations
APPENDIX 3. George Beckford and Caribbean Economic Thought
The book hasn't received reviews yet.