Demeaned but Empowered: The Social Power of the Urban Poor in Jamaica
The publisher has enabled DRM protection, which means that you need to use the BookFusion iOS, Android or Web app to read this eBook. This eBook cannot be used outside of the BookFusion platform.
1. Rethinking Power: Political Clientelism and Political Subordination in Jamaica
2. A Fateful Alliance
3. Fulcrums of Power in the Ghetto
4. Exilic Space, Moral Culture and Social Identity in the Ghetto
5. Badness-Honour and the Invigorated Authority of the Urban Poor
6. A Fettered Freedom: Warfare and Solidarity in the Ghetto
7. Crime, Politics and Moral Culture
8. The Struggle for Benefits
9. Uncaptured Rebels
10. Criminal Self-Organization and Cultural Extremism
11. The Cultural Contradictions of Power
Epilogue: The Ordeal of Social Reconstruction in Jamaica
The book hasn't received reviews yet.
Mechanics of independence: Patterns of Political and Economic Transformation in Trinidad and Tobago