MYP Mathematics 4&5 Extended
Developed directly with the IB to be fully integrated with the revised MYP Mathematics framework, for first teaching in 2020. This comprehensive, inquiry-based resource empowers students to develop a deep and engaged understanding of mathematics.
MYP Mathematics 4&5 Extended takes learners beyond the MYP Mathematics 4&5 Standard resource, providing opportunities to master more advanced mathematical concepts and skills, and laying the foundations for Higher Level Mathematics at IB Diploma.
The inquiry-led, concept-based approach combined with links to global contexts equips learners to acquire and practice essential knowledge and skills while exploring the wider applications of mathematics. Fully comprehensive, the resource addresses all the topics suggested in the MYP Extended Mathematics Skills Framework, including the enrichment topics.
- 1 Being specific
- E1.1 Laws of exponents and rational exponents
- E1.2 Upper and lower bounds
- 2 Decisions, decisions
- E2.1 Systems of inequalities
- 3 Back to the beginning
- E3.1 Function transformations
- 4 Mathematically speaking
- E4.1 Independent events and conditional probability
- 5 Spacious interiors
- E5.1 More geometric transformations
- 6 A whole range of things
- E6.1 Standard deviation
- 7 How do they measure up?
- E7.1 Trigonometric functions
- E7.2 Sine and cosine rules
- 8 What comes next?
- E8.1 Arithmetic and geometric sequences
- E8.2 Rational algebraic expressions
- E8.3 Graphs of rational functions
- E8.4 Solving linear and quadratic rational equations
- 9 So, what do you think?
- E9.1 Covariance and correlation
- 10 Go ahead and log in!
- E10.1 Logarithms
- E10.2 Laws of Logarithms
- E10.3 Non-linear inequalities
- 11 Is something networking?
- E11.1 Graph theory: Networks
- E11.2 Vectors