Concise Revision Course CSEC® English
The Concise Revision Course for CSEC® English A provides comprehensive and authoritative guidance to preparing for the Paper 1 and Paper 2 examinations. It adopts a practical, supportive approach to help students build the skills and understanding needed for exam success.
• Organised by question paper, the Concise Revision Course recaps and models the skills needed to answer each question effectively, moving from scaffolded skills-building activities to full examination-style tasks.
• Each chapter in the Paper 1 section includes guidance on where you might go wrong when answering multiple-choice questions.
• Each chapter in the Paper 2 section ends with a full practice question and annotated sample responses to exemplify competent and superior performance.
• A final chapter of practice questions helps you to prepare for your examinations.
“Our Paper 1 books usually consist of revision papers. I have never seen a book that was aimed at supporting the teacher and student in the skills necessary for answering the questions. It would work very well with the books we currently use.”
Shelley Kalloo, NAPARIMA GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Paper 1
- Chapter 1: Understanding meaning: Looking at word choice and idiom
- Chapter 2: Understanding meaning: Looking at grammar and syntax
- Chapter 3: Extracting information from information texts
- Chapter 4: Gaining insights from literature: Poetry
- Chapter 5: Gaining insights from literature: Prose
- Chapter 6: Recognising and evaluating opinion
- Chapter 7: Practice questions for Paper 1
- Paper 2
- Chapter 1: Writing a summary
- Chapter 2: Writing an informative text
- Chapter 3: Writing a narrative
- Chapter 4: Writing an argumentative text
- Chapter 5: Practice questions for Paper 2
- Structure and mechanics: the basics