Can do! Primary Language Arts Student's Book 5
Can Do! is a comprehensive Primary Language Arts course developed by the Curriculum and Materials Development Unit of the Saint Lucia Ministry of Education.
Student's Book Level K-6:
• Follows an integrated approach offering full coverage of the OECS curriculum
• Each unit covers speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• A detailed scope and sequence chart provides clear instructions for the year’s lessons
• Regular review chapters help teachers evaluate each individual’s progress
• A variety of full colour photographs, illustrations, graphs, charts and diagrams interest young learners and aid understanding
• Level K Student’s Book includes reading units and review units with engaging activities, teacher notes at the bottom of each page and a Word List and Index
• Levels 1-6 Student’s Books provide guided listening and speaking activities, reading texts including poems, stories and letters, and grammar, spelling and vocabulary exercises and tips.
Write-in Workbooks are provided for each level.
• Level K covers phonics, writing and Language Arts skills, supporting the Student’s Book.
• Levels 1-6 provide teaching objectives for each page, practice exercises following the Student’s Book units and include lively artwork.
Project Co-ordinator: Angela Mariatte
Lisa Charlemagne, Leona Bastien, Sharlize Anthony, Sylvie Edward, Zenith Edward, Nadezhe Samuel, Carla Alexander, Mathilda Samuel, Williamson Beharry, Vernetta paul, Jeniffer Popo
Please note that this is an eBook version of this title and can NOT be printed. For more information about eBooks, including how to download the software you’ll need, see our FAQs page.
- Scope and Sequence
- Unit 1 Stories I Like
- Unit 2 Games We Play
- Unit 3 The Tourist Industry
- Unit 4 Saint Lucia Welcomes You
- Unit 5 A Credit to their Country
- Unit 6 Weather
- Revision 1
- Unit 7 A Stitch in Time
- Unit 8 Newspaper Reports
- Unit 9 An Important Lesson
- Unit 10 Music of the Caribbean
- Unit 11 The Caribbean Isles
- Unit 12 The Kind Stranger
- Revision 2
- Unit 13 Communications
- Unit 14 Schooldays
- Unit 15 Letter to the Editor
- Unit 16 Mark’s Journal
- Unit 17 Calypso
- Unit 18 Mr. Vulture’s Revenge
- Revision 3
- Listening Scripts