Mission: Science is an exciting new primary science course with full coverage of the National Standards Curriculum. Its real-life, enquiry-based approach cultivates the scientific, process-driven skills required for life and work in the 21st Century, whilst also developing deeper understanding of scientific concepts.
• Nurtures early interest in STEM subjects by highlighting how mathematics, technology and engineering design processes relate to the science lesson.
• Scientific investigations, using practical and easily accessible materials, develop key process skills and science practices such as predicting, observing, recording, planning, evaluating and reporting.
• Talking points and group work encourage peer discussion and collaboration, developing critical thinking and communication skills.
• Real-world facts and case studies bring science to life to inspire the next generation of Jamaican scientists and engineers.
• ICT attainment targets are incorporated into lessons, ensuring students are equipped for studying and working in a digital-led world.
• Regular self-review questions throughout each unit, and end-of-unit projects and tests provide regular opportunity for formative and summative assessment.