CXC Study Guide: Communications Studies for CAPE®
Developed exclusively with the Caribbean Examinations Council, this study guide provides you with additional support to maximise your performance in CAPE Communication Studies. Written by an experienced team of teachers and experts in the syllabus and the examination, this study guide covers all the key elements of the syllabus in an easy-to-use double-page format, with a range of features designed to enhance study. Features include activities and tips, as well as
examination practice and sample answers to build assessment confidence.
- FRONT COVER
- 1 Comprehension and understanding
- 2 Genres of writing
- 3 Summary-writing skills
- 4 Interrogating issues through research
- 5 Identifying and interrogating sources of information
- 6 Data collection
- 7 Structuring and presenting evaluations
- 8 What is the role of language in community?
- 9 Language in society
- 10 What is a language?
- 11 Language and interaction
- 12 Language and identity in Caribbean society
- 13 Salient characteristics of Creole languages
- 14 The process of communication
- 15 Forms of communication
- 16 Contexts of communication
- 17 Types of speech
- 18 Types of writing